Aerofloat-safe or not?

Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 04:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerofloat-safe or not?

Hi guys,

Wanted to get some reviews on Aerofloat. Is it a good and safe flight?

We also have a 2 hour transit at the Moscow airport

Thanks
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 04:46 AM

We have flown into Russia only on western airlines and trained within the country.

Obviously Aeroflot used to have a terrible reputation for safety - I believe it is better - but not sure how much. I wouldn't do it, but then we are VERY careful about any other than first world airlines.
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 05:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
When the planes hit water, they float.

Actually, Aeroflot was split up into about 10 companies but cleverly kept only the best planes and the best routes for itself. Since it is a member of the Skyteam alliance now, I think it is reasonable to say that if they were accepted in an airline alliance, they are now considered to be of adequate quality so that their presence will not shame partners such as Air France, KLM, Delta and the others.
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 10:27 AM

As nytraveler demonstrates, old stereotypes abound and memories of Soviet era Aeroflot do not seem to diminish.

Aeroflot moved on even if posters perceptions have not, they have new additions to their fleet. I have flown on them several times on the old Russian planes and even then it was fine.
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 10:44 AM

In case you are not aware of, there are several sites rating airline safety. Here are just some samples.

http://www.airlineratings.com/safety...er_airline.php
http://www.jacdec.de/airline-safety-ranking-2015/
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 11:29 AM

even in the days when Aeroflot had more than average crashes you had more of a chance of being killed driving to any airport or walking on any city street - airlines of all types have always been the very safest form of transport - put things in perspective.
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 03:18 PM

You ain't never gettin me on a Russian plane!!
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 03:51 AM

We flew Aeroflot from Kennedy to Moscow in last June. It was a typical transatlantic flight. Nothing unusual, good food,good service and seemed very professional. We would have no problems flying with them again.
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 04:05 AM

DS was doing a semester in Russia in the 80s and would laugh about flying Aeroflot saying it almost had straps to hang onto like the subway.
Old Mar 11th, 2015, 12:42 PM

I have a lot of experience of flying with Aeroflot. I actually like flying with them, especially if its intercontinental flight. For example, I flew with them from New York to Moscow and I can say only positive things. New plane, descent food, good entertainment system on-board.

I'm sure that Aeroflot is safe to fly with. I mean, their planes used to crash a lot during the Soviet's era but a lot changed since then. I will prefer flying with Aeroflot over most of the other European airlines (i just hate Air France and Iberia).