Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Aer lingus, Chicago-Ireland $99 each way.Will they be around next spring?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:22 AM
DanB

I know Aer Lingus has been having tough times. $99 one way from Chicago, $124 from LA??? They seem pretty desperate for cash.<BR>

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:33 AM
cccccc

Dan:<BR>I tried to get those airfares....no luck! Every dfate I used came up $425 or better.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:52 AM
doc

I tried also...no luck. I would go with a tour operator like far and wide(I dont work there). They have great packages and rates

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Dan

I can get the $99 return from Ireland (late march) but not the departure.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 06:06 AM
irish

You have to look cafefully<BR>The filights are to Dublin only and only on specific flights.<BR><BR>If you can be flexible about your travel times, this may work for you.<BR>I got a trip planned for late February and got the $99 fare on both legs of the round trip.<BR>Good luck!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Jo

There are also black out dates in March and December

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Ann

Aer Lingus always does a big sale after the summer.<BR><BR>Any airline could go under, but I suspect the Irish gov't would bail out Aer Lingus if needed.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 12:44 PM
Henry Long

They will certainly be around next spring as they are in line for $30 million profit this year.Whether you will get to Ireland for $99 is another matter entirely-they seeem to have only a few cheap seats.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:28 AM
curt

Had our first experience with AL this past weekend, returning from Dublin via Chicago. We had flown American Airlines to London and since AL is partner with AA we were put on AL for our return from Dublin (AA does not serve Dublin), We can report that AL does a superb job, nice amount of leg room, very good food (we were in coach), and excellent service throughout the flight. I liked the way that the basically set up an open bar after the dinner service, where you could just walk up to the galley and help yourself to a Guinness, other beers, wine, sodas, and snacks and whatever else was on offer. We would not hesitate to use AL again. If one can get those fares what a bargain that would be.