Reload this Page >

Advice re: last minute hotel in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:37 PM
Kristina

Hi all! I'm looking for some recommendations to websites/hotels/booking services for a last minute hotel in London. Will be there in 2 weeks, and unfortunately, we had planned to stay at my husband's company flat, but that has fallen through. We are looking to spend $100 or less for a relatively nice place. So far I've found the Hilton London Kensington for &amp;#8356;62. I've checked Londontown.com and laterooms.com -- any other thoughts?<BR><BR>We may end up trying to use priceline, but I'm always kind of wary about that since you never know what you'll get.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:57 PM
Kristina

Whoa! Something got garbled there. I was trying to say that I found a rate at the Hilton London Kensington for GBP 62. Don't know what happened, lol!<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:30 PM
janis

Kristina - the two web sites you mention are probably the best for last minute rooms. You are on the right track.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:43 PM
diane

I'd grab the Hilton London Kensington at 62 GBP -- make sure to join the Hilton points program so you can gather up points! Wow. It is a very good deal!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:49 PM
Mel

Try www.hotel-assist.com, they're showing excellent prices for This month, although a Hilton at 62 is really, really good!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:52 PM
sandra

Having stayed at this hilton last year don;t rush into it. this hotel is in the middle of nowhere and is way out of the loop transportation wise. You would be better off paying a little more and getting a more central location. Hotel itself is nice Terry the concierge will bend over backward to help you. We had a theft problem while there and hotel gave us extra points. <BR> One thing if you book room make sure you get the deal with included breakfast as there is no where in area to eat and breakfast is a very expensive buffet. Cafe is also very pricey so get the buffet included chioice , I didn;t and was mad i didn;t. If you do stay the best thing is to buy a ticket on that hop on hop off tour bus as it stops outside and can get you into the center of town

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 02:09 PM
topper

ttt

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 10:02 AM
annette

Try www.lastminute.com excellent deals on London Hotels (and anywhere else too!!)

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 10:43 AM
lee

My husband and I stayed in London a few years ago at the White House hotel. It is a large hotel, with a Tube stop literally across the street. There was a grocery store next to the Tube stop (Hart the Grocer) and a pub there also. The hotel itself included a daily English breakfast. Although the room was small, it did have a private bath and a small table and chairs (plus a TV and trouser press). There were also ice machines on every floor--I believe this place often has Americans staying there! We paid around $110.00/night. We normally don't spend that much on hotels but this was a part of a London travel package we got through our travel agent (she used America Airlines). We could have gone with a more &quot;budget&quot; hotel but this was our first trip to London and we were unsure of what a budget hotel would be like. I highly recommend the White House hotel. The staff were also very helpful.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:30 PM
Kristina

Just wanted to top this and post what we ended up w/ in case anyone else is in the same boat. We ended up using Priceline, and got the Thistle Royal Horseguards (a very nice, well located hotel) for US$70/night. We were quite pleased with the hotel, the location, and most of all, the price!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:58 PM
renee

I was in London last march and stayed at the Pembridge Palace in Bayswater. I got it through an internet site but cannot remember which one. I got it for 52 dollars a night. Nothing fancy but clean, close to the metro and a nice breakfast.