Advice on Naples to Ravello transport

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have 2 days in Ravello before heading off to Sorrento for several days. We're coming in from Rome. Planned to take the train to Naples, but after that the choice becomes 1) continue on to Salerno and take a taxi or bus from there; 2) continue on to Sorrento (?)and take a bus from there; 3) loosen the purse strings and arrange a limo from Naples to Ravello hotel. ANY COMMENTS?
Also, any comments on travel between Ravello and Sorrento? We'll be trucking our suitcases and cameras!
Thanks,
PamR
Old May 4th, 2004, 03:18 PM

You can train directly from Roma to Salerno which might be easier. If you train to Naples you need to take the CV train to Sorrento and then take a Sita Bus - with a change in Amalfi to get to Ravello. You would save time by going directly to Salerno and then a bus from there I think...
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:40 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You can take the Eurostar from Rome to Salerno for 25E 2nd class and travel time is 2 1/2 hours. Then hop a bus or hire a driver or taxi.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Great tips. Thanks. I didn't even realize we could bypass Naples and go direct to Salerno. Appreciate your comments!
PamR
Old May 6th, 2004, 02:14 AM

If you can bypass Naples then do it. It is a very scary area. High crime and poverty. Watch out for yourself in Naples ..I was attacted in the Europcar parking lot while trying to find our rental car. It was very scary. My husband literally punched the guy in the face 3 times to get him to let go of me.