Search

advice on hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice on hotel

We found a relatively inexpensive package for Paris which give us the Mercure-Ronceray Paris Operaq hotel for 649 pp (3 nts) including rt on Air France.

Is the hotel acceptable? Clean? In a safe area? Any site I can find info on it?

Is the package worth it?

It's a last-minute deal--and our first tripe to Paris--so any advice would be great!

Thanks much all!
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM

It is hard to tell whether it is worth it unless we know when. Put your dates into mobissmo or kayak Read the small print to see whether surcharges and taxes are included in this price as well as the AF price. Then add in the price of a Paris hotel..a decent one which is central can be easily found for 150e/ night (and cheaper if not as central. The hotel you have quoted is in a good location for sight seeing though not my favorite area but that is very much my own preference.
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Yes, so sorry. I forgot to add that the offer is good until 2/28.

My main concern was just that the hotel is comfortable and not a "dump".

Thanks again!
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 06:59 PM

That price sounds pretty good to me if it is the final tab, all inclusive, as air fare would probably be as much as that or more, depending on the time frame. I haven't really checked, but you can do that yourself by comparing the air fare and the hotel rates.

It is a 3* hotel and a Mercure, so I don't think it could possibly be a dump. You can find out more on the mercure website
http://www.mercureparis.com/ronceray/index.html
or some hotel review places like www.tripadvisor.com

They also have their own website but nothing much is on it, I guess it's under construction, so go with the mercure one.

It's a good location. It isn't exactly right near the Opera, they use that name to appeal to tourists who wouldn't really know the area that well (it's near the Grands Boulevards metro), but it's a safe area and convenient enough.
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Hi There!
Go to tripadvisor.com and type in that hotel name (w/ the city, of course.) Aside from all the reviews, this site also features "candid" traveler photos that'll give you a good idea of what the rooms really look like.
Good luck
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 11:27 PM

I've had good experiences with Mercure.

The Accor description is "Mercure *** "Comfortable hotels in convenient locations" and I would agree with that.

Peter