Actual Museum Pass Prices

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen two sites for museum passes. One states it is the official site and has a 6 day pass for 60 Euro. Another which has the pass sent to your hotel and charges 72 Euro. I'm thinking that the latter is just tacking on a 12 Euro fee to send it to your hotel. So the questions are :

1> What does a 6 day pass go for?

2> Is it really any kind of hassel just to get them at the first museum I go to?
Imena how bad can h lines be in November?

I'm leaving 11/11/06

Old Nov 6th, 2006, 08:49 PM

Yes, a 6 day is 60 Euros.

And I wouldn't pay that extra tariff. It's really easy to get a museum pass at participating museums. You stand in the same line as the regular ticket line so if you go to a smaller museum (Picasso, Cluny, etc.) you'll get your pass in no time at all and save quite a bit of money.
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 09:00 PM

I am assuming that you are talking about the Paris museum pass? We just got back last weekend and bought the two day pass for 30 euros. We bought it at the Pantheon(2 minute wait in line) and it worked out quite well for the two days we used it. The lines for the Louvre and Orangerie were long but it got us in ASAP.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 03:20 AM

You might not need to buy the pass at all--certainly not delivered to your hotel and 6 consecutive days could be daunting. You might want to investigate making a reservation for visiting the Orangerie. Other lines should not be very long at this time of year.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 06:03 AM

Not every country charges for museum passes. In Ireland for example you can visit all 4 branches of the National Museum as well as the National Gallery free for the main exhibits.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 09:11 AM

That website isn't just charging a fee for delivery to your hotel, probably -- they are a business, you can't expect them to do things for you for free. Why would they sell products with no profit on them? That is actually a pretty good fee for the pass if it includes delivery to your hotel, I think. Not that I'd buy one that way, but I don't buy things from travel agents or companies when there is no reason to.