Search

Accomodation in Regensburg, Passau

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2006, 05:13 AM
LLC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accomodation in Regensburg, Passau

Any recommendations for reasonably priced accomodation in Regensburg or Passau? B&B's or guesthouse's are okay. We will have a car so a place in the countryside would work.
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 05:03 AM
LLC
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LLC- I read your post 5 days ago, and tried for 5 minutes to look for the place we stayed three years ago, at a nice pension up a hillside from a river about 3-4 miles out of Passau. It was owned by a couple, she from Slovakia, he a physical therapist. There's a clinic as part of their house. They seem to belong to, or get a lot of business from, bicycle clubs in the area (I don't know if they are bikers, or whether bikers stay there because they can also get sore muscles massaged, or why). We stopped in Passau on the spur of the moment last year, but they were booked (I had thought that, if we stayed this year, I'd get a masage). We were quite pleased with it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea (it wasn't a 'well-antlered' place with fireplaces and rustic furniture). Down the hill about 800 feet was a restaurant with a house specialty of wiener schnitzel the size of a garbage can cover; very tasty and FILLING!! Again, not everyone's cup of tea.

So, 5 days ago, I couldn't find my bookmark of the guy's name. But if this sounds like the kind of place you like, I could spend more time. Maybe you'd rather be closer to town. We just stumbled onto it driving by, looking for pension or 'zimmer frei' signs.
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 09:17 AM

It depends on what you mean by "reasonable." We are bargain travelers but on our visit to Regensburg in 2002, we found the Park Hotel Maximillian at a rate a little above our budget but worth a splurge.

http://www.maximilian-hotel.de/index-i.htm

Here's a link to my photo album for Regensburg, which includes photos of the hotel, including our room and the elegant breakfast room and public places:

http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=Mar...591&Pres=Y

Note that all rooms are not as nice as ours was. Initially, the young woman at the front desk assigned us to a smaller and ho-hum room with a double bed instead of twins, and we had to insist that she find something better for us, despite her insistance the hotel was full.

I LOVED Regensburg! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Shop around for rates if you're interested.

Old Jun 11th, 2006, 02:16 AM
LLC
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Tomboy, if you come across the name of the place let me know. I'm not making reservations ahead since we will probably be there off season. I'm just putting together a file of possible places in the areas we will be in. If you can't find the name, which way out of Passau was it?