accommodation near stansted airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a day layover before our flight to Germany. Does anyone have a suggestion for interesting, reasonably priced accommodation in general area. We would also appreciate any recommendations for things to do in the area. (50-something physically fit Canadian couple)

Old Sep 16th, 2007, 07:16 PM

Someone else will probably have a better suggestion, but last year we had an unexpected overnight at Stanstead. I am sorry I don't have the info right off hand, but there were seveal B&Bs posted on a bulletin board at Stanstead. We called one that had a picture and offered free airport pickup. They came and picked us up for free and drove us to the airport the next morning, also for free. They are a family with two or three boys and have a lovely house with B&B rooms and a small extra place built in back. They are on a country lane, but you can walk into a little village for dinner. It was very reasonably priced, just don't recall the exact amount. There wasn't much to do there though. Good luck
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 07:55 PM

We stayed at Acer Cottage in Bishops Stortford when we needed to spend the night near Stansted. I took a taxi there (11 pounds..sorry don't know how to do the pound sign on the computer!) They got up at 5 a.m. and drove us to the airport in the morning for an additional 10 pounds. Cute place walking distance into the little village. Here is the link

http://www.acercottage.co.uk/index.htm
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 07:58 PM

We stayed at The Radisson a couple of years ago. It was 5 minute walk from the terminal. Very convenient with great food in the restaurants. We had come from Cambridge,with a car. If you wished to hire a car for the day there are some lovely villages in the area,but I'm not sure how many hours you have and whether you wish to drive.
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 10:53 PM

Unless you have an early morning flight from Stansted why don't you stay in Cambridge. Not only will you get better & cheaper hotels you'll also be somewhere that has things that tourists will find interesting