Nadi Airport

Apr 7th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Nadi Airport

I am going to be staying at Yasawa in June, and my flight gets into Nadi at 3 am. We will be met at 11 am by someone from Yasawa. What do you suggest we do for those 8 hours? I suppose we can check into a hotel - does anyone have recommendations?
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:21 PM
DJE

Lucky you! You will really enjoy the Yasawa Resort as it's a wonderful place to vacation. We spent a week there a fews years ago followed by 3 or 4 days at the Sheraton Resort on the main island. We also had an early morning arrival but not 3 am. It was more like 6:00 am and we had made arrangements to be met at the airport and have a driver with a van give us a tour of the little town and some outlying areas. This took a few hours and then we headed to the Sheraton Resort for breakfast and hung around there until it was time to catch our afternoon flight to Yasawa. Your very early arrival time makes what we did a little difficult for you to do. Maybe you should just find out about a hotel close to the airport where you could check in for a while.
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:42 PM

You could always book a room at the Raffles gateway hotel. It is oposite the airport and literally walking distance from the arrivals hall.

That way you could catch some zzz's before your transfer to the Yasawas.

Nadi itself does not have a lot to offer. However if you are feeling adventurous you can grab a taxi and do a quick trip into the hills behind the town. You see a bit of village life. Beware though the roads are a shocker.

Steve

Apr 7th, 2004, 09:01 PM

Don't you just love the flight times in and out of Nadi - shockers almost always! I'd check into a hotel - they're used to people needing a few hours to sleep, shower and have dip in the pool. Nadi itself is interesting for about 1 hour. However about 15 mins from the airport is the Garden of the Sleeping Giant which is quite interesting. I'd agree that any of the hotels close to the airport - Raffles, Mocambo etc are fine for what you need - but I wouldn't say walking distance.
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:49 AM

One time we did just walked over to Raffles & it was fine for a day room, slept a few hours, showered & was ready to go to Vatulele. Or Tanoa Internationl, one time we caught their shuttle, stayed a few hours & had dinner before our return flight to the US. We had already visited Nadi a few times on prior trips (Jacks for souveniors) and it was during the 2000 coup so we just stuck to the hotels. They make it very easy to get back & forth. And they do store luggage at the airport if you decide to go into town or to dinner before a return flight & not get a room. Have a great time!
May 17th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Made a reservation at Raffles.