Accommodation in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need a recommendation for a hotel near the train station in Florence for one night before renting a car and driving to Chianti. 3 star would be fine. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:19 PM

Obray,

Our family stayed at the Porta Faenze in Florence last year. It was literally around the corner and down the street from the central train station in Florence. It would be in the 3 star range and was moderately priced with a good breakfast included. It was so handy to get off the train and not have to worry about a taxi, etc. (We did not hear the trains at all from the hotel either.

We booked through Expedia, but I saw several others that offer rates by doing a google search.

Have fun!
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've just been carrying out roughly the same exercise to book five nights in October. I found it very difficult - in the end I relied heavily on trip adviser, and did not book one hotel that otherwies looked good - we have neded up booking an apartment, which isn't really a choice for you. The hotel I would have booked, if it hadn't been for finding the apartment, was the il guelfo bianco, which came out well on trip adviser, and is very central on via cavour which is onyl 2 blocks from the station. Some of the hotels in that area are pretty dodgy - don't book anything without consulting trip adviser.
i found in carrying out my researches that the rates given by the hotels themselves were as good if not better than on the various web-sites such as expedia and venere.
Good luck!
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 10:53 AM

We have just returned from Florence, we stayed in a B&B right in Piazza overlooking the Duomo, just amazing $95 per night, private bathroom, TV (with English speaking channels)Kettle and fridge. The bed was very comfortable. The web site is http://www.bed-breakfast-florence.com/eng/tuscany.htm
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 08:21 AM

We stayed at a B&B in Florence. Here's the link.

www.il-poggiolo.it