Reload this Page >

Accomadtion Rome Needed

Search

Accomadtion Rome Needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Akash Agarwal

Accomadtion Rome Needed

We are looking for a inexpensive/moderately priced hotel in the Campo de Fiori area of Rome. Other close by areas also ok. looking for a clean, comfortable, shower, room.<BR>Thanks,<BR>AA

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Laura

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Smeraldo in Rome last Octover. It was the quietest place of the entire trip, and extremely well-located. <BR><BR>(One tip, though: We took the train from the airport to the Termini and realized later we could have taken it to Trastevere and walked. It would have been about a 10-minute walk as opposed to an overpriced cab ride.)<BR><BR>Hotel Smeraldo <BR>Outline: Beside Campo dei Fiori, a Pensioni type family hotel<BR><BR>Vicolo dei Chiodaroli, 9<BR><BR>Telephone: 06 6875929 <BR> <BR>We paid about L180,000, but that was in late October.<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR>L<BR> <BR>

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Ginger

We also stayed at the Smeraldo in December. It fits your requirements. Great bakery a few feet away with milk and juice also. We walked everywhere except Vatican and Spanish Steps. Great restaurants nearby.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 08:47 AM
Pat

I saw a post that the rooms at Hotel Smeraldo were smoky. Did anyone have a problem wtih smoky rooms?

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Lori

I was wondering also, is the Smeraldo noisy and smoky? Suitable for a family of four? Thanks.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Rita

I am very interested in your replies; we are a family of 4 (parents and 2 daughters in early 20s) traveling to Rome at end of May. We also need suggestions where to stay in Rome; we'd like a centralized location so that we can walk to the various sites. I read the references about smokey rooms at Smeraldo and that was very unappealing. I'd appreciate all recommendations for moderate-priced accomodations. Thanks. Rita

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 01:51 AM
jg

My family of 4 stayed at the Smeraldo last summer. Our room wasn't smoky at all and I don't remember smelling smoke in the hallways. It was fine for a family.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 02:11 AM
Bob

Akash,<BR><BR>Wife & I stayed at Residenza San Pantaleo. It's right next door to Piazza Navona and also nearby Campo de Fiori. We truly enjoyed our stay here.<BR><BR>Website: www.residenzasanpantaleo.com<BR><BR>Have fun in your planning.<BR><BR>Bob

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Rita

Grazie! I appreciate your comments. Right now I have messages from the Pantaleo where Bob and his wife stayed and from the Santa Chiara verifying they have accomodations for the dates we will be in Rome. Santa Chiara is 2x as expensive as Pantaleo. We are pouring over maps and info from the two hotels and plan to make a decision ASAP. It is very exciting. We have never been to Italy before. rita

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 03:46 AM
fran

I can't imagine not being able to walk from campo di Fiori to the vatican or the spanish steps, Rome is a totally walkable city, at least the areas that most tourists want to see. Just do as the Romans do, don't rush , stroll and enjoy yourselves and you'll be at your destination before you know it.<BR>Buy a Streetwise Map, though so you at least have some idea where you're going.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Marianna

Hi Akash,<BR>I live and work in Rome as a tour guide and my office is right by Hotel Smeraldo. It is a very good value hotel for the price and has a wonderful location. Most hotels in Rome allow smoking in the rooms, however I have had many clients who have stayed at this hotel and I have not heard any complaints at all. The staff are also very friendly and yes! the Panificio (the bakery) across the road is a fabulous Italian experience (I buy my lunch there every day!).<BR>Residenza San Pantaleo is also a very good option as it is very well located.<BR>For a family suite, you may wish to try Hotel del Sole who have a wonderful roof top terrace for breakfast.<BR>If anyone needs any hotel recommendations and contact numbers, please feel free to email me direct and I will try and help you out.<BR>Regards<BR>Marianna

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Lisa

Rita, post a note on what hotel you've decided - I also have a room booked at Santa Chiara, but it is also a little more than my budget

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Marj

FYI, last March, a quad at Santa Chiara was L500.000 (about $250). Not what I would call inexpensive, but from other 'quad' prices from similar hotels (3*, same area) I requested it was fairly moderate.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Lynette

I will also be staying at Hotel Smeraldo in May. Are there any room that are better to ask for? With view,quieter,larger,cleaner etc. Thanks

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Jason

I am travelling to Rome in 2 weeks and have a room at the Hotel Delle Nazioni. Has any one stayed there or heard any news good or bad about the place?

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Jim

Akash<BR>The latest issue of National Geograhic Traveler Magazine (April 2002) is featuring 12 Rome Hotels under $135 in excellent locations. Worth your perusal.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Tony

We stayed at the Hotel Campode Fiori in May of '99 and loved it, great staff and location. It was noisy at night, however. Jim is right the article in National Geographic Traveler is great. They mention some hotels that are fairly new.