Any suggestions?
thanks

Feb 12th, 2007, 01:58 PM
ira

Hi N,

Are you willing to pay less than 200E?

Feb 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM

ira - LOL
Yes like half as much? - How about a hotel for €100?
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:07 PM
nbujic

it has been my impression that most hotels with AC cost MORE than 200E.
Please enlighten me.
thanks

Feb 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM

Hotel Muguet in the 7th has A/C and is less than 200 euros.
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Hotel Residence Monge in the 5th (my favorite) at < €100.
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM

In 2004, I bid for a 4* hotel on Priceline in the St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse zone and got the Le Meridien Montparnasse hotel, a 4* hotel with good air conditioning, for a total price that worked out to about 95 Euros per night. Of course with Priceline you have to study the zones carefully and decide whether you'd be okay with any hotel in that zone - etc. - you can read all the Priceline threads here. In my research, I found that many 2* and 3* Paris hotels had air conditioning, but it wasn't necessarily very good A/C.
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:17 PM

Hotel Duquesne-Eiffel has AC and is way less than 200€
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:29 PM

That sure isn't true. My favorite hotel in Paris has AC and I only pay about 100 euro at the end of July for a double room becuase it's low rate season. At least that's what I paid last summer. Now they do charge more for a superior double than the std double I got, but I was alone so didn't need the biggest room. I've stayed in other Paris hotels for around 120 euro at that time (in recent years) with AC, also, and they were 3*.

There are hundreds of hotels in Paris, though, where do you want to stay? A lot of people are very picky about that. There are many hotels in Paris with AC at the end of July for less than 200 euro. Ira's choice is a good one if you want a budget hotel and to stay in St Germain. I think the Muguet is a little overpriced at this point, but it is still less than 200 euro. Their queen-beded rooms are pretty expensive now for that level of hotel.

The hotel I like is in Montparnasse and their std. doubles are 105 euro from mid-July through August.
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:34 PM
nbujic

I have never used the Priceline ,
something new to try.

Also ,I googled Muguet,, Monge and D.-Eiffel ,all look very nice .
who knew..
thanks

Feb 12th, 2007, 02:43 PM
nbujic

P.S I don't know Ira's choice.
I have visited Paris many times and stayed all over. - still prefer the LB.

Feb 13th, 2007, 06:36 AM

In September of last year my sister and I stayed at The Tourisme Hotel which is in the 15th. It's actually, in my opinion, right on the border of the 15th/7th and a great location. Here is the link: http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75015tourisme.htm

It has AC - to which I can attest to because my sister really had it set on low and the room did get pretty darn cold. The rates are listed on the webpage. Would I stay there again? Yes! I really liked the location, especially since it was near an intersection where there was a Monoprix, a McDonalds (ok, hey, to some people that's not really a must have, but still nice to know), and quick access to 2 Metro stops. I liked the neighborhood. You could easily walk to the Military College from there, not to mention the Eiffel Tower as well.
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:46 AM
ira

Hi nb,

>I don't know Ira's choice.<

Well, you are fairly new here, otherwise you would have immediately thought, "Ira is going to say,

We always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. From 124E dbl w/bkfst. It is located near 3 metro stops. Has AC and an elevator.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search this forum" box.

Photos are at http://tinyurl.com/ludgd".

Feb 13th, 2007, 07:27 AM

MESSAGE FOR CHRISTINA: We have heard forever about your "favorite hotel" but you never tell us WHICH ONE it is?

I know it is because you don't want some nasty like me showing up and ruining the romance so if I promise not to will you tell us or is this going to remain the "secret that lasted longer than Easter Island?"
Feb 13th, 2007, 07:57 AM

She has mentioned it in the past.
Feb 13th, 2007, 07:58 AM
nbujic

thanks Ira, I thought so.
Some people on TripAd. did not like it at all, some adore it.
Great location!

Feb 13th, 2007, 08:17 AM

If we ever have a fodor's get-together may I be the one in charge of place-cards please?
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:19 AM

Dukey, I don't think it really matters as my post was really meant to be a general thought about Paris hotel prices in July and what you get for a certain price range, not to steer anyone to a particular hotel. I rarely mention this hotel, so I take exception to your statement that you are forever hearing about it. I have mentioned it before, but am not trying to promote it and don't want to be constantly mentioning it on this board or anywhere, actually. I don't want to be recommending people go to one particular hotel I like for a variety of reasons. For one thing, I know that the vast majority of people on this board would actually not like it because they want to stay in St Germain or "near the tourist sites" or whatever or a few feet from the Seine. A lot of people comment about how they think Montparnasse is so far out and inconvenient, etc. It doesn't have anything to do with romance. Once I mentioned it by name and some poster (who I knew was not going to want to stay there as they wanted the usual, St Germain, etc) wanted me to go into long detail about exactly why I liked it so much, what was so great about it, how it compared to others, etc. I don't want to do that, it's just a nice 3* hotel I like, not nirvana, and my preferences for location and areas I like are a lot different than others.