AC Marriott Partner Hotels Barcelona, Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our first trip to Spain, second to Europe. Disembarking from MSC cruise. Need help picking one of these three hotel choices as we are staying 3 extra days.

Would like to be close to see many sites. How easily is transportation? Should we use cabs? Can we walk? is it safe? We do not speak Spanish. Is English prevalent?

(1)
AC Hotel Gava Mar
Tallinaires, 33-35 • Gava, Barcelona 08850 Spain

(2)
AC Hotel Sants
Passeig de Sant Antoni, 36-40 • Barcelona, Barcelona 08014 Spain

(3)
AC Hotel Victoria Suites
Beltran i Ròzpide, 7-9 • Barcelona, Barcelona 08034 Spain

Thanks for any and all good advice.
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:55 AM

While all three are nice business class hotels, they are all a good hike from the main areas of interest. If you need a Marriott property, then the AC Diplomatic is much more centrally located, but will be a little more expensive because of that.

If you stay at any of the three, you'll need to use public transportation or take a taxi. You shouldn't have any problems getting by with English. The AC hotel staff all speak English and will be very helpful, if needed.
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 09:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The AC Sants is not central, but is just down from a main train station, Barcelona Sants. From there you can hop the metro to anywhere you want to go. The airport train also departs from Sants.
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

As you might guess the Marriott AC Diplomatic does not participate using Marriott Reward Points which we want to do.

I have two more AC hotels listed below that show on Marriott's website that allow using Marriott Points.

AC Hotel Martorell
Avenida Pau Claris s/n · Martorell, Barcelona 08760 Spain

AC Hotel Tarragona
Avda de Roma, 8 · Tarragona, Tarragona 43005 Spain

If you have any knowledge of all 5 I've listed which one would be the closest to downtown. Is downtown where all the museums and "must see" places are located?

If you have any special hints I'd appreciate them.

Thank you.
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM

Tarragona is 50 miles from Barcelona.
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:12 AM

Of your first three choices, the Sants would propbably be the best option, as noted above. The AC Hotel Martorell is not located in Barcleona.

Most of everything you want to see is in the area closest to the Diplomatic. Strange that Marriott isn't allowing you to use your points there, but then that's Marriott.
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

The AC Diplomatic is listed in the Marriott website as a "Renaissance" hotel and they probably don't need us loyal Marriott members using points at this one.

All of you have been helpful
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM

The one in Gava is on the beach, with a bus connection to Barcelona. Would be a very different setting than to stay in the city.

While the Sants Hotel seems the slightly more obvious choice than the Victoria Suites (the only two Barcelona locations), there are also some upsides for the Victoria.
It's also close to public transport (tram or metro), and IMO is a somewhat better neighborhood. You have lots of (upscale) shops on Diagonal, East of Maria Cristina metro. Travelwise you would only stay on the metro 5 minutes longer to get from the city center to the Victoria vs the Sants hotel.

So if you liked the Victoria Suites much better than the Sants, I would not rule it out due to it slightly more off-center location.
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:08 PM

I do like the neighborhood where the Victoria Suites is located, but it is not your typical "tourist" location. That being said, it would probably be ideal for your stay. I would just opt for a taxi to wherever you want to go.