A Nice Restaurant Near Hotel du Quai Voltaire-Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The inquiry below is from a Fodors food thread that I piggybacked on. I received one response, but I would love to get a few more suggestions. Especially ones that aren't too expensive. Thanks!!

Six of us are staying at the Hotel du Quai Voltaire in late April. It will be one of our birthdays during our brief stay. Our fantasy is to go to a nice restaurant within walking distance and then later take a couple bottles of champagne on one of the boats that cruises the Seine. At first we thought about doing a dinner cruise, but we were discouraged in favor of Plan A. Any restaurant suggestions? It doesn't have to be the most expensive or fabulous. Just good and within walking distance, if possible. Thanks!!!
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 06:38 AM

Are you sure you can BYB on the Bateaux Mouches ? I should think they would want to sell alcohol.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 06:54 AM

Oops, that's BYOB. Don't think it's allowed.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 07:13 AM

You're allowed to bring your own alcohol onto the boats so long as it's not a dinner cruise (which obviously the OP isn't contemplating).
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 07:23 AM

There are lots of good restaurants in the 7th Arrondisement. Use the search function above to search for "7th Arrondisement restaurants". Hard to make a recommendation when we're not sure what "not too expensive " means to you. You could try one of the Constant restaurants or Fontaine du Mars.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 07:34 AM

Quai du Voltaire isn't really easy walking distance to where you catch Bateaux Mouches. It is not terrible to the boats that leave from close to Notre Dam. There is a nice little restaurant at the end of the block (towards the Orsay) from the hotel called Restaurant Voltaire. It's the quintessential Parisian restaurant.

In my experience you can take anything you like on the boat rides.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all!
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 09:17 AM

Hotel du Quai Voltaire is really just across the border in the 7th and wouldn't be that convenient to a lot of the restaurants in the 7th around Ecole Militaire or the Champ de Mars, etc. And the Constant restaurants aren't that close, they are close to ave Bourdonnais which is pretty far away, as is Fontaine de Mars. I mean not as a special mention, of course you get there, but it's really closer to St Germain.

What is close to that hotel is the restaurant in the hotel Pont Royal, where I've been (l'Atelier de Joel Robuchon). I think it's a lot more expensive now than when I went, which was just after it had opened. It's near the Seine.
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 10:54 AM

Love Joel Robuchon and thought of suggesting it to the OP when they posted this question on another thread, but I had suggested La Perouse and the pricing appeared to be an issue for the OP.
It is wonderful and we have to go there when in Paris, but not inexpensive by any stretch of the imagination.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!! I love your thread denisea!!