New Year's Eve on the Champs Elysees

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would like to spend New Year's Eve on the Champs Elysees but don't don't want to spend 3 plus hours standing. Does anyone know if it is possible to get into cafes/bars for drinks without long waits in line?

Or, do cafes accept reservations?

Or, can anyone recommend a bistro or similar casual restaurant on the Champs Elysees that may still be accepting reservations?

Merci!
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 08:37 AM

There aren't really that many cafes or restaurants on the Champs-Elysees, frankly. It's mainly stores and businesses. There are a few very casual (ie fast food) places and then Fouquet's which is historical and a restaurant and cafe, and then a few more mid-level places with some tables/chairs out on the sidewalk. Fouquet's is very expensive for a cafe, but that's what you get on the Champs-Elysees.

Some cafes take reservations but only if they also function as a restaurant and have a section for dinner. YOu can't reserve a table for a drink, no. YOu could have reserved for dinner at Fouquets but it's too late. I suppose some of those other mid-level restaurants might take reservations, I don't know their names but I would bet it's too late if they do. It is very difficult to get a seat at the cheap places even on a normal day as there are so many people around there.
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There are lots of cafés and restaurants on the Champs Elysées, although a bit more spread out than on ordinary streets. I can think of the George V, the Deauville, the Madrigal, the Louis XXV, the Drugstore Publicis, the Montecristo, the Virgin Café, etc...

Cross streets like rue de Berri, rue la Boétie or rue du Colisée have many more options.

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll find something, but I recommend eating before you go to that area.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Christina,

Thanks.

This is very helpful.

Darnestown
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Kerouac,

And thank you very much. I will check out the establishments that you mentioned