A good walk around Trevi Fountain!!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 04:59 AM
arf

A good walk around Trevi Fountain!!

If you were spending the day in the Trevi Fountain area what whould you do?<BR>What would you see, where would you eat, what would be a must visit?<BR>All within walking distance please.<BR>Thanks

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 05:07 AM
John

the Spanish steps, and a good shopping street . for high end fashion lines . like 5TH AVE NYC

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Barb

Be sure to have gelato at Gelateria di San Crispino, just a block off the fountain at Via della Panetteria 42. It was raved about in The New York Times, and listed as the best in Rome by AAA's "Spiral Guide to Rome". The lemon and coconut were the best I tasted in Italy(I did some pretty serious comparison tasting).<BR><BR>Very nearby is the Museo di Pasta Alementari--the Spaghetti Museum! I didn't go in, so can't report. Also close is Scuderie del Quirinale; this is the art gallery in the former stables of the Palazzo del Quirinale, former home to the Kings of Italy until after the war. The Scuderie has traveling exhibits--we tried to go see an international exhibit on diamonds, but arrived too late to go in. They close at 8 . Have fun!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 11:55 AM
ARF

Need some more suggestions---please.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Frank

We walked from the Trevi to the Pantheon and on to the Piazza Navona. You can basically explore most of the historic center from the Trevi. Since we were most interested in seeing the sights, we just stopped to eat along the way. Great dining in the Piazza Navona, at the Piazza at the Pantheon and virtually around any corner. <BR>

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 03:48 PM
MM

You can easily walk from the Trevi Fountain to the Pantheon and Piazza Navona as well as Campo de Fiori. You could also take a short walk in the opposite direction and see the Spanish steps. Two restaurants that I can recommend are Ristorante Alla Ramp (near the Spanish Steps at Piazza Mignanelli 18) and Osteria de Mario (near the Pantheon at Piazza delle Coppelle 51). Osteria de Mario is a very small restaurant that is family run. My husband and I had very good meals at both places, the service was very friendly and the bill didn't "break the bank". Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 04:45 PM
rb

You can walk to a lot of places from the Trevi Fountain area...provided you like to walk. I agree with walking to Pantheon and Piazza Novonna. You can also walk down Via Del Corso to the Coloseum, the Forum, or Capitoline Museums...or in the opposite direction toward Piazza del Popolo... you can see a Caravaggio in the Church of Santa Maria del Popolo- then walk up the steps to the Picio and through the Borghese Gardens down to the Spanish Steps to Via Condotti or Frattina- go to Cafe Greco for cappucino and a pastry...back toward the Trevi Fountain. Orso 80 is a great restaurant on Via Del Orso not too far from Piazza Navonna. Do Gelato at the gelateria to the right of the Pantheon...can't remember the name but it is often mentioned on this site. Have fun.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 06:01 PM
ARF

Thank you all so much.