9 days free in Europe

Jun 13th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Aida

9 days free in Europe

I am studying abroad in Munich Germany next semester and I have a 9 day break in November. I can go anywhere I want to (Id like to stay in Europe but travel outside Germany). Where do you think the best places to visit are for a small group of college kids for a nine day break?

Jun 13th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Shannon

Southern part of France.

Jun 13th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Linda

Prague, Vienna, Krakow or Budapest. In Germany, definitely Berlin

Jun 14th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Davidx

Sicily - it will take you a while but well worth it - or Andalucia. Why be cold?

Jun 14th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Wayne

How do you plan to travel? Train? Hitchhike? Rent a car for the group? That will affect your 9 days a lot. From Munich, my preferred trip for that amount of time, assuming you do not want to head for Greece or southern Italy where it might be warmer (but in the rainy season), you could head south into Austria and on south into Slovenia, and then to the Istrian peninsula coast, which is absolutely lovely and fairly decent weather even in November. Costs will also be pretty low. It will be an experience that most of you probably will never have again. You would also find that if you cross over into the Croatian part of the Istrian peninsula and go to Opatija or Rijeka, or a coastal city in that area, the weather might be even better.