Search

7 days in paris

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 days in paris

Looking to go to Paris first week in July for 7 nights...any suggestions. Is this enough time..Just looing to go some where with my husband to get away.
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 09:26 AM

Most definitely a week is a enough and you can take a couple of daytrips as well.... Chartres is a charming village worth seeing. and Versailles is great not only for the Palace but the cute town as well.

We took the iJourneys iPod Walking Tour is Paris our first day. it was great fun, great exploring and gave us useful info for the rest of the week.

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 09:27 AM

You and your husband can have a lovely time in Paris for 7 nights. You can soak up the city,see a few sights, eat some wonderful food and just have fun. Is this your first visit? I've been to Paris twice. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to post.

Donna
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 09:36 AM

Perfect. You'll have enough time to recover from jet lag and really enjoiy your stay. I might not do any, or maybe only 1 trip outside of Paris...Versailles might be one, or Giverny or Chartres.

First timers (as kindly suggested by people who have been) often find that there is so much to see and do, that their time was never enough.

I've been 9/10 times, and I'm still ticking items off my list...so, what I can suggest is that you take your days and NOT fill them with 10AM Louvre, 1PM Orsay, 4PM Rodin,etc...Plan something, but not 'everything' for each day, but expect that the magic of Paris will appear in the moments where you are just walking down a small street, or sitting at a local cafe, or rounding a corner at night and see the Eiffel tower. That's my 2 cents.

Enjoy your trip, and if you need help planning, we're here.

Mike
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

ok..I see there are two airports...which one do I want to fly into. I am coming from NY. Any reccomendations for hotels and an itinerary???
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

one more thing...Is July a bad time to go? Does it rain a lot that time of year??
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 11:49 AM

It is a bit late for making plans for July; many of the more popular hotels may be booked. I'd suggest you get online to make reservations, with the help of us Fodorites, as soon as you get you plane tickets.

Have alovely trip!

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 11:49 AM
ira

Hi T,

> Looking to go to Paris first week in July for 7 nights... Is this enough time..

Two weeks would be better.

Enjoy your visit.

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM
ira

>ok..I see there are two airports...which one do I want to fly into. I am coming from NY.<

Which airport?

Go to www.kayak.com and www.mobissimo.com and enter "Paris".

You will fly into CDG.

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 12:27 PM

If you're flying from JFK, you will most likely fly into CDG.

If you're taking the new L'Avion planes, then you will fly into Orly.

Either way, both offer easy accessibility to Paris.
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM

You shouldn't have any problem getting a hotel room in July, July-August is low hotel season (although some hotels don't drop rates until after Bastille Day). Early July is in only a couple weeks, though, but I thin you'll find something, of course. I do imagine the most popular hotels will be booked, of course, but there are plenty of others. It can get fuller right around the holiday, also, as people go to Paris for that day, but you'll be before that (and before the Tour de France).
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 01:04 PM

I'd recommend, when looking at whre to stay, that you consider the 4th/5th/and 6th districts (aka 'arrondissements') as your starting areas for hotels, though the 1st, 7th are also good choices.

July...you'd better get going NOW to book.