4 nights in Sardinia

Aug 16th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Original Poster
4 nights in Sardinia

My wife and I are going to a wedding in the south of France at the end of the month. Before we head to Nice, we are going to spend a few days in Sardinia.

We arrive from Rome on Monday, August 28th in Alghero. We then fly out of Oblia on Friday, September 1st. I have some family in the Alghero and Sassari areas we plan to see. Other than that we plan to rent a car and jaunt around the northern coast.

We are in our late 30s, looking for nice but not super high-end suggestions.

Any thoughts?

Thank you very much!
Aug 16th, 2017, 01:40 PM
You might do best to let your family make suggestions. The main church in Alghero (San Francesco) is quite beautiful. Otherwise it's a mobbed-with-toursts town. I didn't feel the drive out to the northwest beach vistas was rewarding but others give it 5 stars. Bosa is picturesque but I also was taken with Tresnuraghes & other rather Catalonian villages nearby. Close to Olbia I loved the Tombs of the Giants.

If your family can give you a tip on where to eat lobster in or near Alghero would think it worth the splurge even if you skimp elsewhere The season I believe is over very quickly once August is over, but still worth asking.

Search this Thread