4 Nights in Positano

Search

4 Nights in Positano

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Nights in Positano

We are going to Italy in September and have 4 nights in Positano. What is a MUST see and any suggestions on how such as tours, on our own, etc. Thanks
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:37 AM

DonnaCape:
Some must do(IMO)are:
-Taking the Sita bus from Positanoto Amalfi,seeing the Amalfi Coast(going P to A seat at the right of the bus),may be start early at Positano; this will take you less than one hour.
-Once in Amalfi,visit Amalfi and take the bus to Ravello,maybe take lunch and visit both Villa Ruffolo and Villa Cimbrione(or at least one of them).
-Return to Positano.
-Take a one day trip to Capri; ferries depart from Positano,and the visit is unforgetable(IMO).
--Have a nice trip and eat gelato at pasticieria Savoia in Amalfi!!! We spen one week in the A.C last september,ig you click on my name,you can read the report(AC,Paris and Rome).
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 10:12 AM

Hi Donnacape,

If you use the search function and type in "Positano" , "Amalfi", or "Amalfi Coast", you will get zillions of posts on this subject. Read through some of , them to get a general idea of what would interest you, then come back and post specific questions and your budget/time constraints. You'll get much better answers that way! Good luck!
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 05:15 AM

Hi DonnaCape, my husband and I will also be in Positano at the same time, maybe we can meet for a drink. I wonder how the drive would be to the above locations versus a bus. Anyone out there with that info?
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 06:13 AM

Hi Bogger:
Driving in the Amalfi coast is a little difficult but not at all impossible.Parking is almost impossible!!!!Best transport is the SITA bus (runs all the way from Sorrento,in the gulg of Naples to Amalfi; via Positano,Praiano etc.there is another bus that runs from Amalfi to Ravello(remember Ravello is a must see!!).
A Mercedes Benz transfer from Positano to Naples runs some 100 euros.Full details of our activities in the amalfi coast in:
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...1-to-oct-3.cfm
Have a nice stay!
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 06:15 AM

The drive is glorious if you are willing to drive on narrow winding cliffside roads with dropoffs to the sea. I would drive only in the off season, unless I was willing to leave my hotel very early in the morning to avoid traffic and secure a parking spot without too much headache.

Parking can be a problem in the towns. There is a ton of info here that you can turn up with a search.

This trip report discusses driving in the area; the writer is an experienced and courageous driver and the report is a good one.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...and-puglia.cfm
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 07:05 AM

Another option would be to take the ferry from Positano to Amalfi for the day, which is what we did two years ago; it was a beautiful "drive" along the coastline, and I had none of the carsick issues I get on buses on winding roads.