3 days in Santorini

Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

3 days in Santorini

My soon to be wife and I will be in Santorini in July for only 3 days/nights and want to make the most of it. We're staying in Oia.

I want to go to one very romantic restaurant if anyone has any recommendations and aside from that I'm hoping people can recommend some "must-do" things since we only have limited time on the island.

We're in our mid-late 20's. Any recommendations for nightlife would also be great however since we'll be there Mon, Tues, and Wednes night I am not expecting much.

Thanks!
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:29 AM

The most romantic restaurant with a view of the caldera in Oia is Ambrosia & Nectar: www.ambrosia-nectar.com

But for me the most romantic restaurant of all in Oia is Karma: www.karma.bz

For a great waterfront restaurant go down below Oia to the wharf area of Amoudi and have a meal at Katina's Fish Taverna.

The best swimming on the island is also down there at the end of the seawall that begins on the wharf, an easy 1/4 mile walk.

Visit the ruins of Ancient Thera on the mountain above Kamari Beach. Take a shuttle (or drive if you rent a car) up the road and walk in about 1/3 mile to the ruins.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Brotherleelove, this info is great. Have you been to both "Ambrosia Restaurant" and "Ambrosia & Nectar"? If so, what are the differences between the two?

Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:01 PM

They're both owned by the same people. Ambrosia has a caldera view but A&N does not. The quality of food and service is basically the same.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:06 PM

Brotherleelove: what's the price range of these restaurants? I checked the website but couldn't find any info. Thanks again!
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM

Sorry! Found the menu for Karma but not ambrosia-nectar.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:35 PM

The A and A&N are not cheap, for two people a full meal and a bottle of wine will probably cost at least 100 euro.

Search this Thread