Notices

3 days in london

Old Sep 7th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
3 days in london

Hi, I will have 3 days to spend in london at the end of december - any suggestions for an itinerary? also, where is a good, central location to stay in? any hotel suggestions?
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 07:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it would help to know what you want to see and do... museums? shopping?

as far as good locations in London, the area around Victoria Station (Ebury St. in particular) has some good B&Bs that are quite reasonable for the city.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 12:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why not search the post titled "London in November for 4 days" and see if there is anything you like in those suggestions.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 01:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Also check this one out for some ideas.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...=0&keyword=157
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 05:05 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi
If you click on Destinations at the top of the screen and go to the fodors.com London section, you will find lots of suggestions for short visits.

I have a file on London; if you'd like to see it, email me at
[email protected]
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 06:37 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just came back from 1 week in London. Do yourself a favor and stay in a central location close to a tube station that is a connecting point for multiple train lines. We stayed in Mayfair 1 block from the Green Park tube station. The Green Park tube station serves three different train lines. We were able to go to many places from that starting point. It will save you time not to have to transfer from line to line. If you look at a tube map which can be found online - search London Underground or London Tube - you will understand what I mean.

Green Park tube location also was IDEAL for walking to many key destinations. We were only a few blocks from Buckingham palace, Horse Guards, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square & Convent Garden, all major tourist destinations.

If you plan to do theater and night life you will really appreciate this. It was nice to be able to go to a club until late and walk home. The tubes do stop running around midnight. On a short 4 day trip you will want to save time as much as possible, a central location will really help.

The best way to figure this out is to buy a central london map that has a tube map in it. The tube stations will be on the street map and show the major tourists destinations as well. Some even show major hotels. The Tube map will show you which stations have connecting points to multiple train lines. Find a hotel that is geographically central, so you can walk to some things and that is near a tube station that connects multiple lines to destinations that you want. It is not that hard to do with a good map in hand and very worth the effort!