3 Day British Air Sale

Jul 20th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

3 Day British Air Sale

I just received an e-mail from BA that they are having a 3 day sale from some Eastcoast cities for Fall and Winter...you can check it out at Britishairways.com.
Jul 20th, 2004, 07:10 PM

Hi. thanks for the tip. However, I couldn't get the site to work, some sort of tech difficulty. But being curious I went to the mobissimo.com site I mentioned yesterday and did an Orlando to Rome search. I was happy to see that the fares have dropped by almost $400 for the time frame I am in need of. (Oct 3 to Oct 16)

Continental Airlines came in at $683, including tax.

I just emailed my dad to remind him to check with his "magic" TA asap. Who knows if he will get the message, his secretary has to operate the computer for him.
Jul 20th, 2004, 09:07 PM

Remember to also check out the hotel deals BA offers when you purchase a ticket from them. They have some very good prices.
Jul 21st, 2004, 06:09 AM

Thanks artlover!

I had trouble with the BA site- couldn't get it to give me open-jaw Phila-Lon, Paris-Phila, so I used travelocity.

2 tickets for a late Jan. trip for a total of $612!

~Liz
Jul 21st, 2004, 11:31 AM

booked a december trip into london and out of amsterdam for $589. If you are flexible with the dates you can fly for as little as $89 one way from NYC and $129 one way from Miami. Tax is $120 round trip so you could fly round trip for as little as $360 from miami or $300 from NYC!

Sale ends tomorrow
Jul 21st, 2004, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up artlover! We're booked for late January.

I had trouble with the site last night too. Called BA's Tech Support and they couldn't work out the problem...but they booked the tickets for us without tacking on the $10 per person charge for making the res by phone.
Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:39 AM

I received this farewatcher alert the other day. Maybe it will help someone? (The little + signs means plus taxes and fees.)

FARES

* ORL-FCO FROM: Orlando Area, FL (ORL)
TO: Rome Fiumicino, Italy (FCO)
PRICE: NEW PRICE WAS DIFFERENCE
--------- ------- ----------
$372.00+ $456.00 $84.00

* NYC-FCO FROM: New York, NY (NYC)
$292.00+ $427.00 $135.00

* SFO-FCO FROM: San Francisco, CA (SFO)
$432.00+ $553.00 $121.00

Fares were retrieved Wednesday, July 21, 2004, at 2:00 am.

To those of you keeping track of my family travel saga: Dad has been in touch with his TA and FINALLY they are seriously searching for "good" fare to Italy. I am so glad that I am going to take this extended trip with my parents. I really think my father is starting to show signs of advanced age. He keeps forgetting what I have told him and what he has told me regarding our plans for this trip. And this is with him saying he is writing everything down. If he weren't already going on 80 yrs of age I would be seriously concerned about alzheimers.

Jul 22nd, 2004, 06:35 AM

PLMN:
I couldn't help being touched by your concern regarding your 80-year old father's forgetfulness. My father (who was a brilliant litigator) is also 80 and has definitely started slowing mentally. We took him in for an Alzheimers work-up this spring and it was negative. However, his CT showed old strokes which also have a memory effect upon the brain.
He still lives on his own, drives, goes into his office and has a ladyfriend. I know we are lucky that he is independent. However, remembering the younger man with a razor-sharp mind and amazing memory...it's a bit sad to witness the decline. Be happy that your father is still able to travel abroad. Mine took his last trip to France in 2001.
Jul 22nd, 2004, 07:43 AM

Thank you pad for the post. Yes, it is quite something to look back on memories of my father.

It does amaze me that even with his forgetful episodes he travels so much, still drives (although he has ALWAYS been a poor driver), runs his advertising business, and models/acts. His patience has been wearing thin over the past years though and I hope this trip won't be too stressful for him.

It's a good thing the villa we rented has so much space in it.
Jul 22nd, 2004, 07:57 AM

I commend your willingness to travel abroad with him...it may be the last journey, so savor the time together. It truly was disappointing to see my father who travelled so far and wide for so long, decide the post 9/11 airport security hassles were too much to endure. It took a lot of persuasion to get him on the Queen Mary from Ft. Lauderdale this spring.

Search this Thread