Last minute Florida trip

Search

Last minute Florida trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last minute Florida trip

For many reasons to justify (or not) our lack of planning ahead, we are trying to arrange a last minute trip to Florida (from Phila.) with two teenagers for a long weekend, which unfortunately is the Easter weekend. Would love to be in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area.We could leave any time on Thurs.3/20 and return on 3/23 Easter Sun. Is there any hope??? Any hotel suggestions, flight tips or agendas would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 04:16 PM

Loews miami is great, in the middle of lincoln road and ocean drive. I dont know if its available that weekend? Fly southwest to fort lauderdale, you can stay in either area. But youll need car services to get to miami, since they dont fly there.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 04:20 PM

This site <http://us.lastminute.com/index.html> may meet your needs for a short-notice trip.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Miami can be a lot of fun! I recommend a visit to the everglades while you are there. You can arrange a tour through most hotels or online or just show up. As for flights, southwest and jet blue are good places to start.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 04:25 PM

There may be little hope. I just checked SWA website for those dates - they have no flights available at any price for those dates Philadelphia-PBI or FLL.

Kayak lists lowest fares for those dates as being on Air Tran at about $600 RT per person, but when I checked on their website fare was at least $50 over that. So you could get flights, but it would colst at least $2400 total for the trip. If that is OK, then worry about hotel.