Reload this Page >

Cheap plane tickets to London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Tom

Can anyone recommend where I can get cheap plane tickets from Houston to London in January and what a great deal is? I keep hearing that the sales are out there but I'm having trouble finding them.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:21 AM
xxx

There was a great deal on British Airways, I believe $99 each way, but unfortunately you had to book by a certain date (I can't recall) for travel thru Dec (Christmas blacked out) to March.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Cam

I would try American- this is where we got our deals. Select American Vacations and that's where you will see the hotel and air packages. Good luck!!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Karen

If you go to the British Airways site, www.british-airways.com, then use the search engine, you can find dates for $199 each way. From Houston this is pretty good. Use the feature that it defaults to, which is &quot;+/- 7 days&quot; when putting in dates, because fares vary widely depending on the departure date.<BR><BR>As long as you are flexible, you should be able to get this fare.<BR><BR>Happy travels,<BR>Karen

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Keith

Fly midweek and be flexable on flights.<BR><BR>I just went to the American Airlines site (www.aa.com) punched in leaving Houston on January 14 and returning on the 21st. <BR>Searching on lowest fare.<BR><BR>334.12 USD roundtrip on Air Canada with two flight choices.<BR><BR>370.77 USD on roundtrip Continental with four flight choices.<BR><BR>Including tax and all fees.<BR><BR>Enjoy!!<BR><BR> Keith<BR>

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Cam

I just double checked and found $299 at American Airlines in January. Many dates!!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 01:20 PM
flygirl

Travelocity shows almost every day in January and February with $208 on that route.<BR><BR>Wish I could fly from Houston...

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:26 AM
The Real Cam

Wow-I've impressed myself by finding those deals for $299 on American. When did I have time to find those? Good job, self! To Cam #2, please get an original name.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:37 AM
Carol

I just booked for February through American Airlines - the price goes up the end of March. Ours came to $350 per ticket including taxes. We could have done it slightly cheaper, but we wanted to come back on a Sunday. If you can travel on weekdays that's your best rate. My fare said it was an internet special, but there were cheaper &quot;sales&quot; as well, but I think they were for right away.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Patrick

One small correction to Carol's post. I believe the American fares only require that you depart by the end of March, you can come back in April. An early April trip to London seems more attractive than a March one.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Rex

Did you really see fares like that for IAH-LON on Travelocity? I can't find anything even vaguely close to that today for ANY dates between now and March.<BR><BR>Closest are $296 - - but this is before taxes. $397 with taxes.<BR><BR>$208 wopuld have been worthwhile to go visit a friend in Houston, en route to Europe. But $397 is pretty different from $208.<BR>

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Erin

Rex- Consider looking at rates from Dallas also. In past weeks I saw many direct flights to London from Dallas for really great rates. Good luck!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Rex

As of this moment, $353 (before taxes) is the cheapest fare shown on travelocity DFW-LON. And I have no particular erason to want to go to Dallas. It's so impossible to guess where atypically low fares will be found. LAX-LON has $312; the cheapest from Columbus is $444.<BR><BR>$208 from the middle of the country - - and not on priceline or skyauction or something - - seemed to have been way out of the average low.<BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:51 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 05:54 PM
chris

<BR><BR>Three weeks ago we bought our tickets...DFW-LGW $300 RT with taxes.<BR>British Airways. NS.<BR><BR>I would say that this was the best out there. I would be happy with anything between $300-400 for that time of year.<BR>