2wks in Germany how to pack

Sep 15th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Ellen

2wks in Germany how to pack

I need some help!! we're leaving 9/23 for 2wks in Germany...I have never vacationed for 2wks or been to Germany..what clothes should I pack??

Sep 15th, 2002, 06:43 AM
wunderbar

The climate is a lot like Seattle or New England. That time of year is the best, but be prepared for a wide variety of temps, and cool nights. Follow the usual packing tips: non-wrinkling light-weight coordinates, layers, comfy shoes, and remember your appliances won't work on their current. You're better off not bringing them, but if you must, bring a converter. Fashions are pretty much the same all over the western hemisphere, so don't worry about that! Do a search on packing at this site, there have been numerous discussions. Have a great trip!

Sep 15th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Ellen

wunderbar...thanks alot for your advice...

Sep 15th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Mike

We were in Munich/Salzburg area last September, and it rained almost every day. The young Austrian couple we stayed with told us that "there is never bad weather, only bad clothes."

Our pocket unbrellas didn't hack it. Neither did our shoes. Bring appropriate rain gear -- maybe you will be lucky and it won't rain.

Sep 15th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Dick Yeager

Ellen,

You pack the very same for 2 weeks, or 3 weeks, as you do for one week. Plan to do laundry in your hotel bathroom.

I agree with wunderbar regarding doing a search on packing. Tons of tips and information.

Remember, a 22" roller bag and 1 carry-on shoulder bag per person is all you need or want.

Enjoy Germany!

Dick