2-Week Itinerary

Jul 7th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Original Poster

2-Week Itinerary

I would like a little help with planning an itinerary for a "first" trip to Spain. We will have 14 total days in Spain. Flying in and out from Barcelona (base) The cities I am incl. in the plan are Seville, Granada, and Cordoba. Am trying to keep budget down but am aware of the size of the country, so are trains the right mode of travel within Spain (betw. Barcelona and Andalusia? Wife also would like to do a side trip to Mallorca. Should we take fast ferry or fly? It would seem to me that the fast ferry would be more fun. I was thinking of just 1 night there. This might be a bit much; fitting this in w/travel down to Andalusia however. Please give me some feed back...Dave.
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Since no one is responding to my inquiry, I am having some difficulty figuring out an itinerary for a group of 4 (all family) that will keep the price down. Barcelona is where we will be flying into and out of. But I'm seeing that prices for hotels are rather expensive--not many below $100 US. Prices down south seem a lot more reasonable, but it is so far--1032 KM to Seville!! Please advise me which is "best" ,ode of travel for the frugal traveller that wants to see the south; Sevilla, Granada, and Cordoba...Dave
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:40 PM

Hi, you might want to re-post your question with a new title to catch the attention of those who are knowledgeable about Spain (I'm not!). Maybe something like "Help with 14 Day Spain Itinerary for Family" and maybe add the ages of any children in your group to the text of the post.

I'm sure someone here can help you, have fun planning and have a great trip!
Jul 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
rex

Strongly rcommend that you heed this advice (above).

Best wishes,

Rex
Jul 11th, 2006, 06:10 AM

Have you booked your flights to Barcelona already? Years ago on Iberia Airlines when we booked our flights between the US and Madrid (and on another trip, US and Barcelona), we were able to add on a few flights within Spain for very reasonable prices. Iberia had some kind of deal about these flight add-ons. I would check on this, since Barcelona to Andalcuia is a very long train ride.
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:23 AM

Ellen is right. There is a fly-around deal. Although since Iberia is driven by its competition, often the routes with competition MAY be as competitive as the fly-around. Also, Iberia really wants to do most business on the Web so if you can do it that way, you will probably find better fares than just talking to an agent, but, of course, it's worth a try....especially with four people!
Jul 11th, 2006, 12:26 PM

Try this same question on www.tripadvisor.com
Click on their "Forum" section. That website gets a lot more hits per hour. Also questions tend to be more nitty-gritty like this one. See what happens. What can you lose?
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

My group of four does not include any children (only adults). Since this posting I have made bookings for Barcelona-i.e. hotel as well as air tix for us to Palma de Mallorca and hotel there. What I am asking for is what or where would be more practical to fly into Granada or Sevilla? From Mallorca. I plan to book a car in one of these and drive around Andalucia. Also, I can't seem to get any car hire outfit that will rent for less than 3-days. I may only want a car for two. What can I do?
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM

D2Hardy: You really should heed the advice above to re-post. Most people will not have any idea what you want to know or even what country because your titke is just so general. Could be asking about anywhere in Europe.

You did start a new thread - but its title is even worse "Travel Planning" doesn't say anything about what you want to know.

(All threads are lumped together under "Europe" so your title need to be as specific as possible . . . .)
Aug 14th, 2006, 08:05 AM

Take a look at Rick Steves book about Spain it has a lot of information about traveling around Spain. Have you tried Auto Europe for short term car rentals?
Marian