2:30PM walking tour of brussels- does it exist in September

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

although I read glowing reports from trip advisor forum regarding a 2:30PM walking tour that starts from the Grand Palace. Many of these reports are recent. When I contact visitbrussels; they specifically say these tours occur in july and august only. Am I missing something
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM

Just google it, without the specific time or month.

Check all the companies out and you will find what you want.

It took me about 3 minutes to find a company that has a bunch of tours in September.
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

You are correct. I didin fact say thank you this month for the amazingly prompt response and guidance regarding TGV in France. I do take thesee trips. Work full time-maybe not a decent excuse for not sharing my experiences. Maybe there is fear to give a travelogue. In regards to this Brussels walking tours; could never find anything that actually matched the glowing experiences described on trip advisor. Actually, I found clarity lacking in regards to tours in brussels. Paris has many descriptions of tours quite well spelled out and quite easy to follow. Contrary, there really seems to be for me a great disconnect in regards to this in Brussels. Many of the 'tours' for Brussels are for prearranged large groups or for sky high fees for hundreds of eruos. Paris tours to me have many walks, tours, easily to grasp, with very clear prices which are not really outlandish.
Old May 30th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

dogster: thank you for helping me. Will do a concise travellogue of croqatia and bosnia. Still perplexed regarding this walking tour of brussels that people are describing now and seems somewhat ellusive to find
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 01:33 AM

You can try contacting use-it. I know they do free walking tours, though I am not sure they do it on a regular basis.
http://www.use-it.be/brussels/tourist-info/
At the very least, get their free maps. They are very useful in getting the most out of your stay there. I wish all cities had these.

But otherwise, the best way to discover Brussels is to have a local show you around rather than a guide. It's probably got to do with the very high labour costs here why they are either very expensive or only do large prearranged groups.