1st Timer--Please help with limited hotel choices

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2003, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are heading to Paris for the first time for our honeymoon. Our only two choices are the Opera Cadet and Le Meridien Montparnasee. I know they're not the best choices, but they're what we have Please give me thoughts, opinions, general whatnot. Thanks!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 04:01 PM
Bootman4U

Don't know that they aren't "the best" choices..they may not be what everyone here has picked in the past but then you aren't like everyone here, are you (I hope not!!)
Have you absolutely exhausted all the possible booking services, particularly the discounters such as discount hotels adn also Utell or SRS-world hotels. Don;t know what your budget constraints are but there are still a lot of rooms available.

Old May 3rd, 2003, 05:21 PM

I'd take Le Meridien. It's a good chain and is just south of all the great stuff in the 6th.

BTW when someone says "their only two choices", you might assume that they know what they mean.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 07:40 PM

Without a doubt I'd choose the Meridien. The area is much better -- you'll be able to go to restaurants, cafes, movies, etc in a short walk from the hotel and it has good metro and train connections. The OPera Cadet is in an area I don't like that well, although I admit I haven't spent much time there but I just think in terms of things to do and places to go, the places around there aren't nearly as appealing. Also, the area isn't as attractive, narrow streets, more run down, and farther away from places and things you'll want to do.

Also, the Meridien is rated as a higher class hotel (one more star), which may or may not mean something, but why not go for it given they are both modern hotels.
Old May 4th, 2003, 06:07 AM
ira

topping
Old May 4th, 2003, 06:11 AM

I agree with sfowler and Christina, go with Le Meridien.
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Bootman4U

Well, I usually don't dignify snotty replies with one of my one but in this case I'll make an exception. Perhaps I should clarify my repsonse by saying that if you can you might consider getting one or the other of those hotels at a discount.

Old May 4th, 2003, 01:04 PM

Le Meridien is a fine choice and you don't need to worry about spending more time researching and adding to the confusion, if you don't want to. Best wishes for a wonderful honeymoon!

(chill out Bootman, for all we know Yeagy is up to the eyeballs with wedding plans, and has someone helping who has narrowed the field for them)
Old May 4th, 2003, 01:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I joined Meridien Moments, and they are frequently offering good weekend rates for the Meridien Montparnasse in a weekly e-mail. You might check their website, unless of course the reason this is one of your choices is that you already have an excellent rate.
Old May 4th, 2003, 01:29 PM

Too curious. Please tell me why they are your only two choices.