Search

16 Lynedoch Place: B&B-Any information?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16 Lynedoch Place: B&B-Any information?

Hello,
Wondering if anyone has stayed at the 16 Lynedoch Place B&B in Edinburgh? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ani

So funny to see this post....I ALWAYS recommend this B&B in Edi...we stayed there in March and it was FANTASTIC-the best place we stayed during our entire trip to Scotland. We have a few pictures of it on our website. www.panteravb.com and click on Scotland trip. Its listed under "Lynedoch". I seriously cannot say enough about this place.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 07:53 PM

Ani-

We were thinking of going to Scotland in March. What was the weather like? Our anniversary is the 16th so we'd like to go around mid-month. By the way, you pics are AWESOME!

Thanks,

Nicki
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 04:15 AM
Original Poster

Ani,
Any other B&B's or hotels you could recommend? We are only there 5 days and have finally narrow it down to go up from Edinburgh to the Oban/Ft. Williams area and then to Inverness and down through Pershire back to Edinburgh. Thank you very very much for your reply. Seva
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

Ani,
Wow, what a site you have, your pictures are amazing!!!!!! Thank you!!!
Any more information you want to tell me, I would love to know!!! The photos of the hotel are perfect, we are also booked for that same yellow and blue room. Thank you.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 09:38 AM
Ani

Nicki-our anniversary is also in March-yay! We were actually there the very last few days of March and into April-our weather was PERFECT. In fact, I could hardly wear any of my sweaters...except for our first full day in Edin-you may have seen the foggy pics. Other than that it was in the 60's. The locals did say it was a bit unusual. The year before we went to England and Wales in early March and our weather was much cooler-with lots of rain. If you don't mind the chance of cooler, rainier weather (which we didn't at all), the it is a GREAT time to go--fewer tourists, everything blooming.

Seva-the other places we stayed were in Cupar, near St. Andrews, Ballater (royal deeside), Aberfoyle (near Callander) and Kelso (borders). If you will be going to these areas I can give you more info. SO glad you are booked at Lynedoch-it was such an awesome place and Susie is FANTASTIC.
Glad you liked the site-we have soo manypics up-think we took about 500 in all! I'm happy to give more info but not sure if you are going to the same places we went. What are you planning on seeing? (castles, etc?)
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 08:09 PM

I Agree...this seems a wonderful place. Our daughter is getting married in Scotland next July and I forwarded her the links to your photos and the web site. There are only 6 couples coming from the US so that might even work for all of us. Your photos are wonderful...and I felt the magic of England as I went through various photos of places we had visited. Thanks for the beautiful visuals to back your recommendation!
Regards,

Julie
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you again Ani. We are unsure what to do and see. The castles and ruins are interesting (history). We would like to stay in the smaller quainty towns to see more of the local people. We are completely flexible with our schedule. We are not planning to have hotel/inns/b&b reservations and playing it by ear. Do you have any comments on this? We would like to make a circle around Scotland and see as much as possible. Edinburgh-east coast-north to inverness-and west coast back to Edinburgh. I will look up the other places you mensioned and would love any more information you would like to offer. Thanks a million!!!! I very much appreciate you sharing your photos with us-they are beautiful. Seva
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 07:14 AM
Ani

Thanks again for the comps! We loved our trips so much... (not sure if you saw the UK trip pics at the bottom). Anyway, I would definately recommend Stirling Castle, Linlithgow palace, Glamis castle, Falkland palace. (all a day trip, although in different directions from Edin.) The castles on Royal Deeside were great as well. If you are heading up the East Coast at all make sure to stop at Dunnottar Castle (one of our absolute FAVS) to the North and Tantallon castle ruins near Edinburgh.
As you can tell, our trips consiste mostly of medieval architecture (and, as you can also tell, drinking!) so that's the most of what I can recommend. Glad you are spending time in Edinburgh-it is amazing. I would also recommend catching an open top bus (a quick walk to Princes Street and Waverly Station from the B&B) your first thing there. Even after lots of traveling, it is the BEST. We actually used the open top (hop on hop off) every day in Edin. I want to go back! You care welcome to email me if you have any more questions. although I am by no means an expert!
[email protected]
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. I will definitely take your advise. After viewing your site, I had already written down Dunnottar Castle-the pictures were amazing. Thank you, there are so many castles and places to see-hard to pick where to go. So, your information is a great helpful. I am overwhelmed by this site and your help.
Thank you.
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Ani,
By the way, were do you live, if you don't mind me asking. I told Susie about your reviews and she wanted to know who you were.
I live in New Mexico.
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 09:27 AM
Ani

We live in Fort Collins, CO...right up the road from you! Love it! I guess if we can't be in the UK or Europe, this will do!
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 03:24 PM

LOL...all of us High Mountain Desert/Rocky Mountainish people need to go someplace to see the green and water and mist and magic of a different "Land of Enchantment" - I'm from NM as well! After we all get back from our trips we should meet and share pictures and stories, although we aren't going until mid-july...leave it to the kiddo to pick the busiest travel season to go! All of the reports here have me rarin to get back to England/Wales/Scotland!

J!
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 05:34 PM
Ani

Well, I'll have to live vicariously! We are expecting our first child in April so the traveling (especially overseas) will be on hold for a bit. I will be waiting with baited breath for your pics so PLEASE post them!
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Ani, Wow, this is exciting. Congratulations!!!!!!!
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 08:56 PM

I agree!! Congratulations!! I have a feeling we will be posting like crazy as we go abroad and then come home!

J!
Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 06:35 AM
Ani

Thanks! It IS exciting, especially b/c we'd been trying for almost 2 years. The good thing about that...2 trips to the UK that involved many many pints!