Reload this Page >

16 day trip including paradors

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2003, 07:29 AM
n_marquis

I believe that we have redifined our route path, thanks to the great advice on this site. New plan of attack is to arrive in Madrid and take day trips to Segovia and Toledo. Then AVE to Seville. Day trips to Cordoba, then travel to Jerez, Cadiz, Gibralter, Ronda, Granda(at least 2 days) then to Torremolinos and then Malaga. We are renting a car in Seville for all this. I should mention that we are going on November 6th for 16 days. Any further suggestions for travel would be appreciated. We also want to stay in a couple of Paradors along the way. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Old Jul 30th, 2003, 11:16 AM
n_marquis

Also, do you think that this is too much driving for 16 days???

Old Jul 30th, 2003, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be too much travelling for me now--too much, too fast--but would have been ok when I was in much younger. So, maybe it depends on how old you are and how much energy you have.

I believe you can get good deals on prices for the paradors through the internet and also good hotel deals through petrabax.com (bancotel coupons).
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 02:03 PM

We stayed at the parador at the Alhambra and it was a great experience. Not cheap! It also had a good restaurant. Definitely try at least one parador.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 02:31 PM
SRS

I've been planning a trip to Spain for March 2004, but haven't been yet so I can't comment on your itinerary.

However, the official website for the paradores is http://www.parador.es/english/index.jsp. They have several different specials you might want to check out which are listed on the site. The parador in Granada is supposed to terrific, but fills up fast, so if you are interested in it, you'll want to check availability soon.

Have a good trip!
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 02:49 PM

The parador in Cadiz is awesome! The rooms face the sunsets! Also Cadiz is very nice.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 03:50 AM

Ronda Parador is super. Right on the gorge and in the middle of town.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 04:48 AM

We are going to most of the places you mentioned in September. Staying at Paradores in Ronda and Granada.

I'll be posting photos and a journal on my website, so I'll be sure and post a link here for you!
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:19 PM

Hi We just got back from16 days in wonderful Spain . We stayed at very upscale places throughout. but be careful with the Paradors as they are partly state run and that I found affected the way the hotel was managed. The parador in Ronda : the air conditioning was not working the two nights that we were there and we got many different versions of what the problem was The temperature was over 90and it made an otherwise lovely visit extremly unpleasant. I'm sure that the air was broken for more than two days. We were there July 23 and 24. In Malage our room was not ready when we arrived at 3:00 At 3;30 we were shown to an awful groun floor room whuch was on a walkway corridor. The next room was ready at 4:00 This one had broken air conditioning We finally were shown to a very nice room at 4:30. As I find that the accomadations add so much to the trip make sure that you see the room that you are getting and don't accept it if you don't find it acceptable You are paying for it afterall. We always were able to get a nicer room. We usually syayed 3 or four night
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:32 AM
n_marquis

We were planning on staying in the parador in Granada. Any comments on that one. Also are there any good paradors from Seville to Gibraltar, and then from Ronda to Granada??