Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

10th Anniversary Dinner in Capri - Need suggestions for a Perfect Night

Old Aug 4th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be celebrating my 10th Wedding Anniversary in CAPRI and would like recommendations for the perfect day or evening. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Would be great to have something set up to Surprise my hubby with!

Thanks
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 03:58 PM

Take the ferry to Positano or Amalfi and dine there.
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks we will be in Positano Prior to Capri - I was looking for special things to do in Capri!
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 06:33 PM

This is my recommendation for lunch in Capri. We had a superb meal, fantastic views.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Campania.html
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 02:44 AM

Please describe further the type of restaurant you are looking for: Luxury? Are there price guidelines?

Have you thought of taking a private boat tour around the island?
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 07:00 PM

I would go to the Terrazza Brunella, which is the restaurant of the Villa Brunella Hotel: http://www.villabrunella.it/en/restaurant (scroll down the page) Delicious food, warm service, and amazing views. Make a reservation in order to ensure a table next to the window. I suspect you can do this by e-mailing them through the hotel website. This is one restaurant where it is worth it to arrive unfashionably early (for Italy) to ensure that you get to enjoy the beautiful views while there is still daylight, at least for the beginning of your meal. Good luck!
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 07:42 PM

For dinners:

Terrazza Brunella (above Marina Piccola) has stunning views if you want a little romance with your meal.

Pulalli Wine Bar (in the main Piazzetta in Capri Town) is good if you want to watch the world go by as you eat/drink, but if you want romance then there are other choices.

Aurora (in Capri Town) is good for foodies and has a very good wine list (good seafood too), not sure it would be romantic enough, but have a look.

Da Tonino (down the hill from Capri Town) is tucked away in a garden so no foot traffic as such, but you would have to book as it's still popular. Great food, lovely setting, neat Italian wine list, and the stroll before and after dinner is worth it.

Further up in Anacapri:
Terrazza di Lucullo - restaurant in the Hotel Caesar Augustus; elegant, stunning views and would be good for a very special occasion.
Il Riccio - in the Capri Palace Hotel, so right over the sea and it's all about the seafood here. Stunning views.
Capricci - no view (other than of the laneway which leads through Anacapri) but modern decor and food to match if you want something a little different and innovative for Capri.