Search

1 week in Iceland in late March

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 week in Iceland in late March

Hello!

10-15 of us are planning a week long trip to Iceland at the end of March. We are all in our late twenties, and have a low-medium budget (understand that Iceland would be fairly expensive!). We would like to focus on outdoor and natural beauty, hiking and non-touristy spots if possible. We can drive but are unsure about road conditions.

What are some must-see spots, and any advice on an itinerary?

Cheers
Rushil
Old Nov 27th, 2016, 07:54 PM

I suggest that you each read a guidebook to come up with a personal list of appealing sights, then compile it to find the overlap.
Winter driving in Iceland can be extremely risky unless you have extensive experience driving in snow, ice, and high winds.
I wouldn't do it in a vehicle large enough to accommodate that many people unless I had taken a winter bus driving course.
Old Nov 27th, 2016, 08:28 PM

Be aware that there are few non- touristy spots in Iceland even in the off season. If something is worth seeing/ visiting then you'll also find a large number of tourists there too. Like abram, I suggest reading some guide books to get an idea of what you want to see, various costs and transportation possibilities.

BTW, Iceland is all about natural beauty but with only a week you will have to limit your options. Have no idea as to what a low- medium budget entails. It's always important to refer to one's budget in monetary terms.