1 night in Barcelona- which hotel?

Old Nov 8th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 night in Barcelona- which hotel?

I haven't received any responses on the cruise forum, so I am hoping that someone on this board can help me... We have one full day and night in Barcelona prior to departing on a Disney Mediterranean cruise with our daughter (who will be 20 months old at the time). We need to book a hotel and I am trying to decide between the AC Diplomatic and the Eurostar Grand Marina. We would like to be close to the pier where the ship leaves from, but also want to be close to the Gothic quarter of the city so that we can more easily do some sightseeing with our daughter. I would love any feedback or opinions you may have on these hotels or others that might fit our needs.
Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 05:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Grand Marina may not be all that close to the pier your ship will actually depart from. There are several of those molls; some ships depart right from near that hotel; others don't.

If you stay there you'll be somewhat of a walk from the Barri Gotic and the AC Diplomatic may be better for your needs. My own choice would be yet other hotels but I won't get into that as I am certain you've chosen these for your own valid reasons.

A taxi to the ship is not going to kill you, money-wise..not if you can afford to stay in those two places.
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A 5 Euro taxi ride can take you from Barcelona centre to the Pier so don't use that as a criteria for a hotel. Stay closer to Plaza Cataluña- Las Ramblas since only have one day in Barcelona. I think you will enjoy the Plaza and Las Ramblas. Just be super, super cautious with pickpoketers in Barcelona. They work in gangs and know every trick in the book.

I like the NH10 hotels; good location(s), quality, and value.
http://www.hotelh10catalunyaplaza.com