Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Which cruise line is best for a couple in their 30's?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I just started researching cruises for our vacation in November. We're in our early 30's, no kids. We're thinking a 7 days Caribbean cruise. Any suggestions as to which cruise would have people closest to our age? I've read many reviews of various cruise lines and the reviewers are 20+ years older than us.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 05:32 AM

Look into Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Those would be your best bets. I would avoid HAL and Princess.
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 03:48 AM

Hi there,
we have been on Holland America a few times and as we like to do our own thing, haven't worried about the age group. ( I am in my late 30's now and my husband is now early 40's )
We have also been on a few Celebrity cruises and enjoyed those.
It depends what sort of entertainment you want and whether you are really wanting to get to know other passengers or do what you want.
I would highly recommend both cruise lines.
Donna
Australia
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM

Hi!

I am in my late 30's and I really love Regent, SeaDream Yacht Club, Seabourn, Windstar, Silversea. They are smaller ships, go to more adventuresome, smaller ports and have more of a upscale feel than the larger ships of the cruise lines mentioned previously. But, with the great deals on cruise lately, these cruise lines are offering the same, if not better, rates with included shore excursions, wine and cocktails, shipboard credit, fabulous spas, etc. There are fewer families on these lines, and if there are families, kids are well-behaved. The other larger ships tend to cater to the more party crowd and the family crowd (not better or worse, just different).

Hope that helps!
Julia
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 05:39 AM

It's more an issue of what you like and how much you want to spend. If you are looking for a reasonably priced cruise and younger audience, look at Royal Caribbean, Carnival and NCL. After that Princess is a good choice. I'd steer clear of Celebrity and Holland America since they are more formal and attract an older audience.

If you are looking to spend bigger bucks, jelzie2's recommendations are good choices.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 08:57 AM

Frank has hit it on the head. It's not about age, it's about what kind of experience you want to get out of this cruise. You haven't old us much about yourselves and your likes and dislikes except for your age. I think that's basically irrelevant. If you want to party all night, then there's a cruise line for you; if you want to dress up (and a lot of people in their 30s actually like a more formal atmosphere), then Celebrity or Holland America might be right for you. Do you like fine food and wine? You might be better off spending more for a luxury cruise.