Reload this Page >

When is Spring Break?

Search

When is Spring Break?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:06 AM
Alex

When is Spring Break?

I noticed cruise prices go up in early March. Thats about when I wanted to go, but would prefer to avoid spring break. Does anyone know when this starts? Thanks

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:28 AM
rick

In Canada spring break can vary by Province. It is usually during the first 3 weeks of March with the 2nd or 3rd week (3/9 and 3/16) being the norm.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:45 AM
Rocky

Alex<BR>&quot;Spring Break&quot; is actually just that for the months of March and April.Somebody somewhere is on SP.It officially varies state to state and even within the various school districts/colleges/etc.Hope that helps<BR>R

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:40 AM
gail

Public schools (elementary and HS) tend to follow one of 2 plans - in New England and some other parts of the country many schools get a week off in February inclusive of President's Day. Then there is a week off in April - sometimes inclusive of Easter and/or Passover, or, in Massachusetts, inclusive of third Monday in April (a unique holiday called Patriot's Day). <BR><BR>Other parts of the country take 1-2 weeks in March - anytime. <BR><BR>Colleges follow no pattern known to humans. So early February or April are really safe - the others will probably have someone on spring break.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:08 PM
Theresa

I work in HigherEd and have worked in K12. Have friends who are educators on both coasts - I am in the middle.<BR><BR>Spring Break can take place any time from the end of February through April.<BR><BR>Try booking a 10 day cruise - that will minimize the amount of kids/spring breakers on the cruise.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:43 AM
Paul Therault

Spring Break is defined as when the college kids head for the beaches.<BR><BR>The exact dates are March 15 through April 30.<BR><BR>High School kids are not considered Spring Breakers but families do fill the ships in February through April.<BR><BR>The &quot;real&quot; Spring Breakers do not cruise.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:36 AM
Sarah

Both of my teens are in college and they both have spring break the first week of March.<BR><BR>Paul's dates are not right. Spring Break can occur anytime from February through April. Maybe his area only has it from March 15 and on.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:46 AM
Kim

Here is a website with dates of spring break at many schools around US and Canada:<BR><BR>http://interoz.com/springbreak/sbdates.htm<BR><BR>There are many schools who have Spring Break the first week of March and a few at the end of February. Most are mid March.<BR><BR>I personally would want to know when there are lots of teens (non college students) on a ship also!

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:49 PM
Paul Therault

I'm in the business. If the resorts in Cancun, Ft. Lauderdale, etc. tell me the spring-break influx starts on March 15, so be it.<BR><BR>Call the hotels or the beer companies if you like.<BR><BR>College kids are usually under the age of 21 therefore there are not many on cruises. They will also waste their time. Have to pay for drinks and no transportation offered through the promendade.<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 03:31 AM
Casey

I am also in the business. I work at a hotel in Daytona Beach. How much closer can you get to Spring Break?<BR><BR>Believe me, they start coming in February and dont' leave until the end of April.<BR><BR>Of course some weeks are more popular then others but Spring Break does start mid February.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 05:13 AM
jason

uh Paul, <BR>Michigan has their spring break the lst week of February as do some other schools. Also, Spring Breakers do cruise. Not all college kids go out and drink their liver off during spring break. I cruised during my junior year in college with about 30 guys in my fraternity. Obviously we didn't book through you since you would have told us that we don't cruise.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:04 AM
Wondering

And what is a promendade? Even Encarta could not find it.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Jason,<BR><BR>I presumed you cruised before age restrictions. And yes I guess Ancient History majors would take a cruise over a resort stay for spring break.<BR><BR>And for Wondering .... don't you know a promendade is an icy drink like lemondade?<BR><BR>Paul

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Peter

Paul, I don't get it. Why would you presume anything about Jason? He didn't post until after you did. Come on now, what's the real reason you said what you said?

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:19 AM
jason

Paul,<BR>once again, you're wrong. Only Travel Agent majors go on cruises for spring break. Then they write erroneously about them on public web sites because they can't afford their own forum. <BR><BR>Oh, and I was a business major. Perhaps, you could learn something from me since I obviously have not learned anything from you on here.<BR><BR>Have a pleasant day ; )

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Peter

Oh, and Casey - I forgot one thing. Didn't you read Paul's post? He specifically said Cancun and Ft. Lauderdale - NOT Daytona Beach. So be it! You've got your nerve! Please read these things more carefully in the future before you embarass yourself again.