Reload this Page >

What was your "best" cruise value

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 11:33 PM
tlmlb

okey dokey....the question is "What was your best cruise in terms of value and fun?" Not the cheapest, not the longest in days, not the most exotic as far as ports, not the biggest ship, not the best service...but all these attributes put together. i have two....my first was a 10 day Southern Caribbean on the Fairwind with Sitmar back in the 1980's, not cheap, not a fancy ship but wonderful service, food and good classy times times...another was a little 3 day Carnival cruise to Mexico that we won...we had very low expectations but had a wonderful time to our surprise...

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 11:58 AM
Jim

Of the 13 cruises we have taken, there is no question that the Renaissance cruise we took last February was the best value. It included great air on Sabena, three days in Barcelona, a five day cruise to Lisbon, and three days in Lisbon.

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 07:05 PM
sandy

My husband and I went on the Star Flyer (one of the Star Clippers) in 1993 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We were going to do a crewed charter in the Virgin Islands, because we are sailors and love boats. There were plenty of boats available, but we couldn't get air reservations into the islands. Then I say the add for Star Clippers: beautiful SAILING cruise ships and they fare included air. There were only 120 passengers on the ship. It was fabulous. They really sail the ship and we had great winds. We spent New Year's Eve anchored at St. Barth's. There must have been $1 billion dollars worth of yachts in that harbor, but ours was the the most gorgeous one. It was a week we'll never forget and, while we'be been on lots of wonderful cruises since then, it was our best "value."

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 03:05 AM
Renegade4

As avid ballroom dancers and ocean liner fans, our "best" cruise, meeting your criteria, would have to be the August 1999 transatlantic crossing aboard the S/S Norway. <BR> <BR>Compared to today's "white" ships, the dance floors on the Norway cannot be beat and the stability of this ship in the north atlantic is amazing (this is what she was built for.) <BR> <BR>In terms of value, the 13-day transatlantic with stops in Ireland, a mid ocean rendezvous with a total solar eclipse, New York and finally Miami in what was a first-class cabin when the S/S Norway was the S/S France, cost us less than half of the QE2's mid-price accomodations for a 7-day crossing. [My apologies to all QE2 fans for putting "QE2" and "S/S Norway" in the same sentence".] <BR> <BR>We found out 2 weeks ago that NCL/Star is relocating the Norway to Asia next year and she will be sailing her last transatlantic in September. We just HAD to book this one. 16 days Miami, up the east coast of North America, New York, Canada, across the North Atlantic, Scotland, Ireland, France and on to Southhampton, England. <BR> <BR>If this is half as good as the one last year, this will surely be our latest "best cruise". <BR> <BR>R4 <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 06:18 AM
Todd

This is an easy one for me to answer. My Best Cruise is my NEXT cruise. <BR>You sound like someone who enjoys the cruise and looks for the fun in each one you go on. GOOD JOB...you've found the secret to great cruises! <BR>Having been on 12 cruises so far I can actually say that i've enjoyed each one because I don't expect the cruise line to make me happy. I take what they offer and make my own enjoyment. <BR>It never ceases to amaze me when I see people looking for things to complain about on cruises....guess what??? they find them. <BR>On the last cruise I was on I sat at a table with 2 other couples. 4 of use had a ball and enjoyed every meal, the other 2 people complained about every meal served to them. I wanted to say "why don't you just stay home and save your money?" <BR>Keep doing what you're doing, and enjoy each cruise you go on. <BR>Happy cruising!

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 10:54 AM
Marcie

Best cruise value was on the Marco Polo (Orient Lines)...mediterranean cruise which included top notch hotels at the beginning and end of the cruise as well as city tours in both of these cities. Our cabin was huge with floor to ceiling windows. Food and service was excellent and it was fantastic spending time with fellow cruisers who were such seasoned, intelligent, interesting people.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 06:16 AM
Art

My wife and I have been on many cruises the best was this year's cruise on the Crown Princess. It was for 12 days. We started in Rome and ended in Copenhagen. We had such a great time that when we got back home we booked our next cruise with Princess. It will take place this coming April. Panama Canal here we come.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 10:55 AM
elaine

Our best cruise was our cheapest, longest, not exotic but alot of fun. <BR> <BR>My husband and I sailed RCI's Splendour 11 night Circle the Caribbean. While on board, we enjoyed it so much we booked cruise for the following year. While booking onboard, the RCI employee said her computer was 'down' and hand wrote the quote. We gave her our deposit and I saved the slip of paper w/cruiseline logo and her name and title and our booking number. <BR>Lo/behold, the quote was her cost, not cost to the passenger. RCI honored it and we had a wonderful, inexpensive cruise the following year.

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 04:53 PM
Al

Our June 2000 cruise for 10-days through French Polynesia on Renaissance was superb. Tahiti, Moorea, Raiatea, Bora Bora, and Huahine -- five islands, each different, marvelous scenery, warm people, excellent new cruise ship. Fine food, excellent service, immaculate quarters. Priced right, no children under 18 allowed, and -- best of all -- no smoking allowed.