Search

West Carribean

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 12:44 PM
John

West Carribean

We are looking for a 7 night west carribean cruise for a married couple departing from any Florida Port in February 2003. Any comments on ships to look for or avoid would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for budget cruise lines.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Peter

Book the Voyager - best Western Caribbean ship, hands down.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Dave

Carnival Pride currently leaves from Port Canaveral in Florida and has a Western itinerary that hist some weird ports (Belize and Progresso, Mexico).<BR><BR>If that is your thing, I think that the Pride will still be sailing in February 2003. I am not sure because it is moving to California in 2003 and a new ship called the Glory will take its place, but that switch might happen later in 2003.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Lenore

Celebrity has a nice Western itinerary and they are a little more upscale than RCL. I would not consider Carnival unless you are traveling with kids, and even then I'd think twice. Try to pick an itinerary that stops in Grand Cayman or Ocho Rios or both if offered. Enjoy!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Seashell

Holland America has a lot of 7 day cruises leaving from Florida to the Western Caribbean. Which cruise line you choose depends on what want from the cruise. Parties, ice rinks, relaxation? Holland has a laid back cruise. Passangers tend to be 50 + on the average. If you want to avoid kids do not book Presidents week. <BR>Celebrity is also a good line. <BR>Look into them both.<BR>