Reload this Page >

Orlando to Cape Canaveral

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Kay

Has anyone taken a taxi and can tell me the cost.<BR>I know the line offers a shuttle but plan to take the taxi and want advance "warning".

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Roy

The distance from Orlando to Cape Canaveral is many miles, and I would not reccommend taking a taxi, as it would be quite expensive. If money is not object, then by all means take a cab, but personally I would save the money and spend it on other things.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Kay

I've taken numerous cruises and definitely prefer to take a taxi as oppose to the shuttle. Can you tell what the cost will be as I don't carry a lot of cash on me. Please no other suggestions are needed.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:41 AM
CB

The distance from Orlando to the cruise terminal in Cape Canaveral is over 50 miles. I would call a cab company in Orlando and pre-arrange your pick-up so that you have a cab waiting and arrange payment with them. Another suggestion is to rent a car or use a limo service. Good Luck, CB

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:43 AM
maryann

Kay, look on a map - it's at least 60 miles. Then go to World Airport Guide.com (no spaces) for the Orlando airport to find out the cab companies that service that airport. If you can find one to take you, plan on $100-$200.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Robin

I reserved a car for $40 from Avis. They have an office in the Radisson hotel in Port Canaveral.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 02:51 PM
sue

If you do a search on the internet for Orlando Limo services, you will find various ones that offer transportation between Orlando and Port Canaveral. I would expect to pay $100 each way.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 04:36 AM
Kevin

I'm going on the Carnival Pride this Saturday. Probably the best way to get to Port Canaveral is a shuttle company named Mears. They charge $30.00 round trip to the port. If you type in Orlando International Airport on the web, there a link to the Mears Web Site. Apparently, there is an online reservations link, but I could not get it to work, but I called them and they said when you pick up your bags from baggage claim, they have a desk right there. They said you did not need advanced reservations. I hope this helps, but it's probably the cheapest way to get to the port.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Kay

THank you for advising on your experience. Again, I do not wish to take the shuttle (been there, done that)

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 06:26 PM
badboy

If you are so intent on taking a taxi, why did you post in the first place. It appears that you had already made up your mind to take a taxi. So pay the price and take one. Perhaps a limo would be more to your liking. Little spenders with big ideas don't float!