Web sites for booking a last minute cruise

Dec 20th, 2017, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Web sites for booking a last minute cruise

This morning, DH told me he wanted to take a cruise next week! I was shocked, as he has never wanted to do a cruise as he gets sea sick and is almost claustrophobic. We live in northwest Florida, so I have looked for a 4-5 night cruise out of Florida, Mobile, AL, or New Orleans. We cannot leave until December 26 and have to be back at work January 2. So far, everything I see if sold out. I've gone directly to the cruise lines, and checked several websites, such as vacation to go, cruisecheap.com, etc. Any suggestions?
Dec 20th, 2017, 06:30 AM

A TA or call cruise line directly.
Dec 20th, 2017, 07:23 AM

You are just a week from your desired date, your parameters are really tight and cruises are popular (and more expensive) during holidays. To get dates, ship, itinerary and cabin they want, people do book holidays way ahead. There are not that many 3-5 day cruises either, and most not on 5* ships. They are still fun though, as long as you are not expecting the same amenities or ports of call as on longer cruises.

In a quick search, however, I do see a few. At least three came up for departure from Florida. I only looked at Florida departures.

Put these parameters in the bargain box search on vacations to go.
Dates: December 2017-January 2018
Length of cruise 3-5 days
Departure ports: any Florida port
Dec 20th, 2017, 07:51 AM

Gracie,
I just did another more thorough search for you. I saw nothing available out of NO or Mobile that fits your time frame.
This is what I found. Hope it helps. Very, very limited!

These all depart the 26th and are only 3 or 4 day cruises.

From Jacksonville
Carnival Elation, 4 nights

From Miami
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas, 3 nights
Norwegian Sky, 3 nights

From Port Canaveral
RCCL Majesty of the Seas, 3 nights

We did Majesty a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. It is an older, mid-sized ship and looked a little worn, but still had a lot of charm, and I kept thinking how grand and beautiful it must have been when new. Well, it has since had some upgrades and been refurbished, so I would not hesitate to go on it.

We have not been on the other ships, but have been on Carnival and Norwegian ships and enjoyed them all. You can take a look to see when they were last refurbished, etc. but any should be fun. I will take a look too.
Dec 20th, 2017, 08:07 AM

OK, one more bit of advice.
Look at when they were last refurbished and what cabins are available. We do not mind inside, but you might.

Then, there is itinerary. We hate Freeport and would take almost any ports over that.

OTOH, it is a short cruise, so you want to enjoy the ship too.

If you can wait and do a cruise in Jan, it would be a lot cheaper with more choices. However, if DH wants to do it now, go for it. He might change his mind later.
Dec 20th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Sassafrass, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.