1st timers: Need help!

Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st timers: Need help!

Hi,

We are 3 women, friends since childhood, who are all turning 40 next year. As live in 3 states, we have decided to celebrate on a 3-day Bahamas cruise.

We are leaning towards RCI, but are interested in others' experiences on other Bahamas cruise lines. Also, need direction and advice on which port of departure and ship. Miami and Majesty of the Seas or Pt Canaveral and Monarch of the Seas.
we want fun, but not wild and crazy, but mostly relaxing as we will be leaving husbands and kids at home!
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 04:56 PM

Monarch of the Seas is a nice ship, but getting old I think. We salied on it several years ago and had fun. It is more party ship than say Holland America or Celebrity. But the cabins tend to be small. Also 3 days is a bit short. You will just start to unwind and it will be over.
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 03:44 PM

I would suggest you go on a 1 week cruise if possible. The 3 day cruises are way too short and not a very good indication of a "real" cruise. Hopefully the husbands and kids will be OK with that. Have a great time.
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 11:47 AM

I'd also second the idea of a week-long cruise. If anyone has to travel far, the flights to Florida are going to be more expensive than the cruise itself and not really worth it for such a short time. Also, Port Canaveral is much further from the airport (over an hour to Orlando) than Miami, which may be a consideration. But there are shuttles. Carnival also does some short cruises, but these are more party-oriented than Royal Caribbean.
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 04:59 AM

I am a veteran cruiser and would suggest a one week on RCCL. The Monarch and Majesty are old and tired. I have been on one three day cruise and the passengers were rowdier than usual. Why not the Navigator 4 or 5 day . Its a bit more but a new ship with lots of different things to do - ice skating rink show etc. A nice speciality restaurant for your 40th celebration as well.

I havent been on Princess or Carnival just RCCL, Celebrity and regent.
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 07:31 PM

The OP is getting a lot of good suggestions. All I can add is keep in mind that 3-day cruise you're talking about is actually 3 nights as all cruises length go by nights, not days. So it only gives you 2 full days. Not nearly enough.