wear on plane

Nov 1st, 2002, 05:12 PM
Kaye

wear on plane

We'll be taking a cruise on Royal Caribbean in December. What do people usually wear when traveling by plane from snow-filled weather to warm Florida for the cruise?

Nov 1st, 2002, 05:34 PM
Debbie

I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt and a light weight jacket.

Nov 1st, 2002, 05:58 PM
DJ

I always opt for casual comfortable pants and long sleeved top ( I am always cold on a plane ) and also wear a fairly lightweight jacket that's easy to carry. Have a great time on your cruise.

Nov 1st, 2002, 06:07 PM
Cruiser

Debbie and DJ have sound advise. Mine is generally a windbreaker that will fit into the carry-on once the warm destination is reached.

Be sure to leave the winter coat in the parked car at the airport OR inform the person picking you up to bring it along!!
You never know when you will have a flat or breakdown on the way home from the airport!!

Nov 1st, 2002, 07:24 PM
gail

We always leave winter coats in car parked at airport when we are going someplace warm. It backfired only once - when our plane was diverted to Green Airport (Rhode Island) because of ice storm in Boston and we were put in a van to get to Boston. It was cold in our row of the van, even with the overpriced airport sweatshirts we bought for the kids!

Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:55 AM
Rick

I always bring my jacket that has a detachable fleece lining. Once I'm out of the cold I put the fleece lining away and then have a nice wind breaker to wear.

Nov 3rd, 2002, 05:59 PM
Kaye

Thanks everyone!