Galveston - Which airport do you fly into?

Oct 31st, 2002, 11:28 AM
Karen

Galveston - Which airport do you fly into?

I read somewhere that cruises from here require a bit of drive from the airport to the ships. Does anyone know which airport you have to fly into and the distance from there to the port?

Oct 31st, 2002, 12:14 PM
Jennifer

You can fly into either George Bush (Houston) or Hobby (Houston). Hobby is closer and is probably about 30-45 minutes from the port. I have heard that there is a limo service that will pick you up and take you to Galveston for a reasonable rate, or there is probably a shuttle.

Oct 31st, 2002, 12:30 PM
M.B.

Karen, where will you be flying from?
I live in West Texas and have been to the Galveston Port twice, but of course, we drive. I'm sure as the above "Poster" wrote....there will be allll kinds of transportation down to Galveston.I would think it would take an hour to the Pier. Happy Cruisin'

Oct 31st, 2002, 02:05 PM
Jason

Karen
Not sure you can fly into Hobby Airport from just anywhere or you'll have to go into Bush(IAH).In any event look at GalvestonLimo.com.It's really a "shuttle" not a limo like stretch.Its reasonable and very reliable they take you right to the pier.
Hope this helps
Jason

Nov 1st, 2002, 11:35 AM
M.B.

Karen, Galveston Limo Service (they have a web site) telephone # is: 1 800
6404826 They pick you up and take you right to the Galveston Ship Pier!
"Happy Tails and Sails to You!"

Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:19 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Karen,

The last time I cruised out of Texas I priced two ways of gettting from Houston (Hobby) to the pier.

The shuttle costs $20 per person and it makes many, many stops. A cab costs $85.

Might be best to purchase the ship's transfers (depending how many are in your party).

Paul