UNIWORLD TULIP CRUISE

Old Oct 24th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UNIWORLD TULIP CRUISE

My travel agent is recommending Globus, Amadeus and/or Uniworld. I like their itinery the best for the tulip, Amsterdam stuff. Any body have any opinions on how Uniworlds quality is? Thanks
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 12:27 PM

My husband and I had a very nice experience on our Uniworld cruise to the South of France and Provence. I cannot compare Uniworld with any other river cruise line because that is the only river cruise line we've gone on. The age group is higher -- 50's and up. Great service, food and excursions. We had a wonderful time.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Cherie......its just nice to have a comforting word!!! I think we are close to booking things as my Travel agent....reserved us space today!! Ouuu tulips!!!!
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 04:56 PM

Leanna
On 4/29/06 my husband & I were on the River Barones with Uniworld. The boat is older but the room space was great and storage plenty. We had the bottom of the boat and the window was very big. The newer boats have 4 levels we had 3. Tulips were late this year and peak for our week.Fields and fields of beautiful flowers. Great windmills and quaint little villages. We made the mistake of not going to Amsterdam early and really seeing the city. I noticed in the 2007 Uniworld book they are including more excursions than we had. Perhaps they learned that cutting prices but making more sights optional wasn't the way to go. I fully agree as one could feel they were being nickeled and dimed. The food was very good and we met so many nice people. On our voyage we had a group of singles who belonged to an organization called Whos Who International --they were all 50 + and had a great time dancing and traveling. Many had a cabin to themselves and women out numbered men by 4 to 1. We really enjoyed the trip and booked the cruise through Uniworld direct from the internet. We have been on Viking through China and there each room has a balcony on a new ship. Enjoy yourself.
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Catperson!!! THANK YOU..SOOOOO MUCH!!! Nice report and you told me lots of things we were wondering about. We did book our trip...2 single cabines for mid april of 2007. Right now they have scheduled us for a different boat..but I bet they are all quite similiar. Again..thanks so much for responding. Enjoy your next travels!!
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Sorry I forgot to add. We are going into Amsterdam for 3 full days before the cruise and then afterwards will go on to Paris for 6 nites. Its going to be a nice vacation I think!!! Also I"d much rather just pay the $$ upfront then do the tours....then like you say nickel and dime all the optionals! So much easier that way!