Tipping Travel Agents?

Search

Tipping Travel Agents?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tipping Travel Agents?

Do you tip your travel agent or bring them a gift if your trip has been good?
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 07:00 PM

I often do a gift, flowers or restaurant gift certificate.

Though the best thing you can do for your TA is to tell your friends what great service you received. Referrals are very important to many travel agents.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 04:01 AM

I have never gotten tipped, but a few clients have given me presents. The few occations have been special cercumstances. My most recent was I helped plan thier wedding in Jamaica, and they gave me a bottle of wine. I got a bottle of rum one time, because I helped a girl move from the Caribbean to here with her three dogs..I found out what she needed to have to move the dogs to another country. I am really happy when people send my postcards from thier destination too, so that is something simple and cheap you can do. I also really appreciate pictures for the office if people want to donate some of those, because having pictures helps other clients, and the travel agents can't get everywhere to take pictures ourselves.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 05:13 AM

A restaurant gift certificate for his BD.Harry and David at Christmas.Post cards,souvenir menus from restaurants abroad,something I can easily carry home.Always something..
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:16 AM

The last 5 cruises I went on I have used on-line travel agents because they quoted me much cheaper prices than my local TA's. I do not tip the TA, but i do give them referrals when i am happy with the service and price.
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:33 AM

Sending a Card, a thank you note, a phone call thanking them or a referral is really all that is necessary afterall they did make money off your trip. Do you give a gift to Walmart if you liked something you bought? I think not. It's the TA who should be tipping or thanking you especially if you are a repeat customer or purchased a suite on a cruise. What I mean by tip is a welcoming gift from them in your cabin upon arrival like a bottle of wine, fruit basket or flowers. Afterall a good TA SHOULD be thanking YOU. (IMHO)
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:29 PM

I give referrals if I'm happy with the service. On one occasion I gave a small gift, a souvenir Christmas ornament that I picked up on my trip.