Taxi or RCL transfer to Miami Port?

Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:43 AM
SFDink

Taxi or RCL transfer to Miami Port?

Hi,

This is my first cruise and I need some advice on getting from the airport to the Miami port. We're flying into MIA and my parents are flying into FLL. Does anyone know the cost for a taxi (one way) from either airport vs the cost for the cruise line transfers? Any advantages of using one over the other? Thanks!

Sep 3rd, 2003, 12:05 PM

HI
I live in Miami. To take a taxi from MIA to the port will probably run you about $20 or maybe a little more.I don't know what the cruise line transfer will cost.
For your parents coming from Ft. Lauderdale I would suggest the transfers, as a taxi ride would be costly.Or you may try a car service from Ft. Laud.
Good luck
Sep 4th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Bo

MIA to Mimai Port is a fixed rate of $18.

FLL to Miami Port is about $65 depending upon traffic conditions. Another company, www.floridalimo.com runs shuttle and private car services and may be another option for you to look into.
Sep 4th, 2003, 12:30 PM

I just did this. From Miami airport to the dock is exactly $18 one way. I walked over to the RCL transfer counter, and the sweet RCL rep who was handling it told me, "It is definitely cheaper by cab!"

Take a cab.
Sep 4th, 2003, 03:23 PM
SFDink

Thanks for the information. I called RCL and it's $22 pp/RT for the transfers so the taxi sounds like the much better option.