Tabyana Beach question

Search

Tabyana Beach question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tabyana Beach question

June 19 we are going to be on the NCL SEA. We are thinking about going to Tabyana beach. I would rather just go than book it though the cruise but I read somewhere that if you just go on your own you don't get chairs, can't buy food, etc. Has anyone had any experiences at Tabyana Beach that they can share? Thanks
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

okay, I'm going to reply to my own question in case anyone else wants to know the answer. I found out that Tabyana beach is a private beach for the cruisers only and you need a wrist band gotten only from the ship. The shore line is open to everyone but if you want to go on the beach a little away from the water and use any thing, you will be asked to leave. This is the information I found. If anyone has any corrections or more information or suggestions, please let me know. We are trying to decide what to do in Roatan Bay. Thanks
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 08:28 PM

We did the excursion from NCL about 6 years ago and it was one of the best experiences I've had. The beach is awesome. The coral reefs are just right there, it was so cool. The lunch they served was ok, I really don't remember it as much as the fun of snorkeling the reefs from the beach. Of course, they had a hurricane go through the island a couple of years ago so I don't know what it is like now. However, I would love to take our son there to experience it, it was great.
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Original Poster

That is good to know. We are kind of going back and forth as to going to the beach or hiring a taxi for a tour. Did you go to other beaches? If so, how did they compare.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 06:14 AM

We didn't go to any other beaches on Roatan but the snorkeling there was much better than Cozumel. Along the pier the locals have stands that they sell items. I remember an American couple that are now living there and they made a VHS tape about Roatan. We bought it and it was quite good.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

So do you think it is worth the cost? We have 4 people and it will be $49.00 per person. It sounds like a lot of money.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 06:58 PM

Do you love to snorkel? Have you done much snorkeling? What would you do if you didn't go to Tabyana Beach? Are you talking about 2 couples? or mom, dad, 2 kids? My husband and I would gladly pay the $49 per person to go back there. It was wonderful.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

It's my husband, myself and 2 boys, 17 and 20 years old. We've snorkeled a bunch and are going on a catamaran/snorkel thing and also will snorkel at Playa del sol park. It doesn't look like there is a whole lot to do in Roatan, but we want to do something. I wish they had more options. It's encouraging to know that you had a great time and it was worth $49. and I am sure that will play into our decision. Thanks for your help. If you have any other ideas, let me know!