Small ship Greece cruise

Search

Small ship Greece cruise

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small ship Greece cruise

Wife and I are looking for a small ship cruise and tour of Greece and perhaps Turkey. Something around 7-12 days with some time in Athens and then visiting the various Greek Islands. I notice that some of these cruises also include Istanbul and other Turkish cities, which is fine.

Would be interested in moderately priced tour/small chip cruise?

Anyone with personal experience?

All advice appreciated, thanks.

Joe
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 06:11 PM

Maybe not as small a ship as you are looking for, or as moderately priced, but we did an 11-day on Oceania's Insignia two years ago (Athens to Venice) and absolutely loved it. From Athens, we went to Delos, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, Kusidasi, Albania, Montenegro, Dubrovnik, and Venice.

We arranged our own air - and got a credit - and since the cruise was extremely port intensive, we were fine with an inside cabin. The service aboard Insignia was superb, the food was beyond excellent, and there are no formal nights, which was a plus for us. Also, they have a very strict no-smoking policy.

Oceania runs "specials" - actually it's their regular pricing - that are two-for-one, including air, but you can arrange your own air and be credited for it.

Check it out and see if it's what you are looking for.
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 07:48 PM

Let me second the recommendation for Oceania. We took a 14 day Eastern Mediterranean cruise with them last October and it covered everything you are asking for and more. We also arranged our own air and got a credit, received the 2 for 1 pricing and $1,000 off. It still wasn't "cheap" but the quality was top notch. We are sailing Oceania again in June in the Baltics. We had a large window in the Eastern Med., but an inside cabin would have been fine considering how port intensive the cruise was. Also, the size of the ships make it possible to visit some ports the mid-size to large ships cannot visit. We had the better part of a day all alone on Delos for example. A truly fabulous experience with a terrific cruiseline!
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 02:14 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Look at Travel Dynamics International for a small ship cruise,under 100 passengers or less. Also see Lindblad Expeditions with around 40 passengers for Greece www.expeditions.com. Oceania is large ship compared to these.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 02:17 PM
vhs

I also wanted a smaller ship for Greece/Turkey this summer
We are traveling on the the Azamara Quest
great itinery similar to the Oceania line from the reviews
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM

About 14 years ago we did a cruise with something called Viking Cruises. A really small ship with about 30 ? people. Very rustic.. but we had a wonderful time because the bare bones aspect of the trip attracted some very interesting people. I wonder if they are still around. We have very fond memories.