Single mom with 7 year old

Feb 17th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Single mom with 7 year old

This is our first major vacation and I am wanting to take my son on a caribbean cruise for Spring Break. I know the rates are ridiculous, but that isn't a concern. Can anyone suggest what cruiseline would be suitable for total relaxtion for myself and constant entertainment for a seven year old?? Any tips/ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Feb 17th, 2005, 09:57 AM

Really, you can get your criteria out of almost any cruise. So, if I were you I would look at itinerary, debarkation (departing) port, and price and choose based on what fits best for you.
Feb 17th, 2005, 11:24 AM
sam

I'm sorry to be so obvious, but Disney Cruise Lines are the best for entertaining children, and they have adults only places for you to relax.
Feb 17th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Disney is completely booked except for inside cabins during the time frame I need. Thanks, though.
Feb 17th, 2005, 11:59 AM

I've heard Royal Caribbean is good for families but I have not been. Also, I know you didn't ask, but Club Med is great for families - they have all inclusive with kids clubs, trapeze arts, etc. They even have a web site that directs you to the best site for singles, couples, families, etc. I want to bring my family as soon as my little girl is old enough.
Feb 17th, 2005, 12:16 PM

Carnival's kids program gets consistently high reviews.