Sick Passengers ?

Search

Sick Passengers ?

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick Passengers ?

A neighbor says he "heard" there were a lot of ill passengers on the Rotterdam on its most recent sailing. Has anyone heard this?

Also, do they allow you to bring a few bottles of water on board? Will they check through your luggage for it?

Thanks
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:57 AM

Is that the NCL ship? Our t/a told us that there was a fuel spill on board and the fumes got into a few cabins. They went back to the port (I think Philadelphia or Baltimore) and the few sick passengers left. The ship went out again the next day.

I'm interested about the water too. Anyone know?
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

I asked the neighbor's wife and she confirmed it was the NCL cruise out of Philadelphia - that's where we are leaving from so I think they heard the Philly port and assumed it was the ship we would be on.

Would be interested in whether they will pull the bottles of water out of the luggage - just bringing a few short bottles so I can take my meds in the room.
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Singletail

If your neighbor "confirmed" that it is an NCL cruise then it is NOT the "Rotterdam" which belongs to the Holland America fleet. Perhaps you could try a Google on this for more accurate information.

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:53 PM

It was the NCL Crown...some passengers were taken off the ship and put up at hotels and some flown home.. From what one of the cruise newspapers has reported.. there is more than meets the eye. There is already a "class action suit" being formed.. One comment really 'frosted me" ..a few passengers said they paid $1,000.00 for the cruise.. Guess they wanted it for free....
Old May 7th, 2004, 06:27 AM

Parrotmom,
Do you know where I can find the full story on this? We're booked on the Crown for an August cruise.

Thank you.
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:50 AM

By that time the problem will be solved.. I read the Bermuda Gazette daily...
http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/...NEWS/105070075

As for me.. I'd go on it.. whatever problem they have will be solved.. even if they have to cancel a sailing.
Old May 10th, 2004, 07:22 AM

Thank you, Parrotmom, for the information.

We've canceled our August cruise on the Crown based upon the article in the Royal Gazette. Our t/a actually encouraged us to cancel.
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:38 PM

Big mistake..by the time your going to be cruising the ship will have been inspected a zillion times over..I hate travel agents...lol..he/she probably made better commission for re-booking you... This is not the only ship that has had illnesses. I would have no hesitation booking the ship for August.
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:30 AM

Actually, he stands to make NO commission, since I am in the hotel business and always make my own travel arrangements other than this time. He is actually a personal friend who I feel has looked out for us. Three incidents on one ship in a two week period are too many, plus this ship has had these problems before. This will be our major vacation this year, and we won't take the chance of its being spoiled.

But thank you for your input. It is very much appreciated.